• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    Just wanted to see if anyone on here is a member there and how they like it. I have been thinking of joining to shoot some long range since they have out to 1k. I'd like to join a private range. Any opinions.....

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    I recently just joined and like it but have only been there once to shoot. I shot at the 100 yd range and one of the pistol ranges and no problems and wasnt even crowded at all. I stopped in there while in the area when an event was going on and it was crowded then. Hope to start using more once weather breaks.

larr

Apr 1, 2011
    Easternshore
    I've been a member there for a few years now, its a really nice range. The 1000 yd. range is only open for matches and practice for them. When they open it, the 100,200,300 yd. range and pistol ranges are closed due to the line of fire. The 600 yd. range is really nice and the pits have been redone. There was some talk at the last meeting that new members will have to be sponsored, so to speak, by another member. You also have to be a NRA member to join.

Blueclawz

Bottom Feeder
    Jun 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    Bridgeville is a really nice range setup. I have been down for some shoots and found the staff and members to be very polite and safety savvy. On the other hand I was down there once on a less crowded day and was kind of sketched out by the riff-raff shooting. I got muzzle swept at least 4 times and eventually just packed up and left. So overall its a good place when its busy....any other time - Watch your six.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I'm not a member, but I have been invited to several IDPA shoots. Nice people and a nice club. I haven't heard anything negative.
    Good luck.

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    I dont think I can even see 600yds..... I wouldnt mind checking it out and watching just to see what it is all about. Let me know when you are going and I will try and meet up with you there.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Highly recommend. I've practiced there in recent years and have shot in two DE state high power championships. At one I watched Carl Bernosky bang out a winning, of course, 799/800 without blinking an eye. Carl is one cool shooter who held who held the national HP record briefly until he was surpassed by the young lady from the Army Marksmanship Unit two years ago, I think, when she rang up a remarkable 2396/2400.

Lew--Ranger63 and Good Guy 176
    Laurel, MD 20707

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    I have been a member for the last several years. I try to make as many 3x600 yard matches as I can. Great facility, great people.

Good luck

Jerry

mark1070

Nov 13, 2010
    south of Annapolis
    I dont think I can even see 600yds..... I wouldnt mind checking it out and watching just to see what it is all about. Let me know when you are going and I will try and meet up with you there.

You're right. Without a good optic, it's tough. I've been shooting the 300 yard at Delmarva with a 3-9x. Not too bad but I could use a little more magnification. From what I've read, the 600 to 1000 yard shooters use 25x up to 60x high density optics. I figured I'd go check them out at the range before throwing down $2k+ for the wrong one.

mark1070

Nov 13, 2010
    south of Annapolis
    Roady, Good Guy and/or Jerry,

What's the best way to dip a toe in the water? I don't know any members. Are there any practices open to the public? I'm a little hesitant to jump into a full competition without having ever practiced longer than 300. I have a Savage model 12 benchrest in .308. As stated above, I'm using a 3-9x now but am looking for the right optic. Feel free to PM me. Thanks guys.

Regards,
    Mark

Last edited:

lmorrison17

Feb 1, 2008
    I agree you need more magnification if yo intend to compete. But the best way to dip a toe in is to dip a toe in and go shoot. Things tha will make the first time less stressful is to get some time with a competitor. find out hows things go what you need to bring. Pm me and I will be happy to tell you about the the f-class shoots.
    Larry

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    Mark1070

Best way is to dive right in. You can shoot F-Class if your scope and mount combination will give you enough elevation to reach 600 yards. 10X scopes were the rage not too long ago you are not that handicapped.

Good luck

Jerry

Deguy

Feb 7, 2013
    Do you guys have any suggestions for the best way to meet members? I was informed a couple of months ago that membership required sponsorship, and I'm looking for the vest way to meet some potential sponsors.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    Do you guys have any suggestions for the best way to meet members? I was informed a couple of months ago that membership required sponsorship, and I'm looking for the vest way to meet some potential sponsors.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Look at there calender and pick something you want to shoot and show up. Then you'll meet the shooters in that discipline.

Good luck

Jerry

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom