BREAKING NEWS: GOA Challenges Biden’s Frame/Receiver Rule!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    This is the result of the EPA fallout. Correct?

any relation to bruen?

I do recall reading a number of the 80% cases being dropped because a lower does not meet the requirements of the law with regards to a receiver.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    This is the result of the EPA fallout. Correct?

any relation to bruen?

I do recall reading a number of the 80% cases being dropped because a lower does not meet the requirements of the law with regards to a receiver.

It is not the result of the EPA fallout. It is the result of the new ATF receiver rule. The recent EPA case will likely help with this decision.

They do reference Bruen and state that the new rules are not within the historical tradition of firearm regulation. They also allege that they used the 2-step approach that was not adopted in Bruen.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    Any judgment will be against the ATF, which effectively means it is a nationwide case.
    Not necessarily.

There was a temporary win in one circuit against the ATF on bump stocks before. It only prevented the ATF from enforcing the Bump Stock rule in that circuit. Until the time a 3 judge panel issued a stay.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Not necessarily.

There was a temporary win in one circuit against the ATF on bump stocks before. It only prevented the ATF from enforcing the Bump Stock rule in that circuit. Until the time a 3 judge panel issued a stay.

The actual judgment or mandate in a case does not occur until all appeals have been completed. None of the bump stock cases have resolved themselves. Technically the Bruen case does not have a judgment yet either. SCOTUS does not issue their judgment until a month after the decision.

bcr229

FFL/SOT
    Jul 15, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    Seventeen state attorneys general joined in filing for the preliminary injunction today. West Virginia is the Best Virginia!!!

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Seventeen state attorneys general joined in filing for the preliminary injunction today. West Virginia is the Best Virginia!!!

Case No. 3:22-cv-00116-PDW-ARS

Love this part:
    VIII. Causes of Action and Prayer for Relief…………………………..……………
    148 FIRST CAUSE OF ACTION (VIOLATION OF APA 5 U.S.C. § 706(2)(A)), ARBITRARY, CAPRICIOUS, ABUSE OF DISCRETION, NOT IN ACCORDANCE WITH LAW …………………………………………………………………………………………..
    148 SECOND CAUSE OF ACTION, (VIOLATION OF APA 5 U.S.C. § 706(2)(C)), IN EXCESS OF STATUTORY JURISDICTION OR AUTHORITY............................................
    149 THIRD CAUSE OF ACTION (VIOLATION OF APA 5 U.S.C. §§ 553(b) and 706(2)(D)) WITHOUT OBSERVANCE OF PROCEDURE REQUIRED BY LAW .................................
    150 FOURTH CAUSE OF ACTION, VIOLATION OF APA 5 U.S.C. § 706(2)(B)) CONTRARY TO CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT, POWER, PRIVILEGE OR IMMUNITY ....

151 FIFTH CAUSE OF ACTION (CONSTITUTION ARTICLE I, SECTIONS 1 AND 7) SEPARATION OF POWERS ....................................................................................................
    152 SIXTH CAUSE OF ACTION (FIFTH AMENDMENT DUE PROCESS) VOID FOR VAGUENESS.............................................................................................................................
    152 SEVENTH CAUSE OF ACTION (SECOND AMENDMENT) RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS..............................................................................................................................
    153 EIGHTH CAUSE OF ACTION (VIOLATION OF APA 5 U.S.C. § 706(2)(A)) NOT IN ACCORDANCE WITH LAW (NYSRPA v. BRUEN) .............................................................
    157 NINTH CAUSE OF ACTION (VIOLATION OF 18 U.S.C. § 926) NO NATIONAL GUN REGISTRY.................................................................................................................................
    158 TENTH CAUSE OF ACTION (VIOLATION OF FIRST AMENDMENT) FREEDOM OF SPEECH...................................................................................................................................... 15

Last edited:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Is the $100 off the GOA Life mmbrshp - through the gunsgadgets link - legit?

I was getting ready to drop $1,000 for a Lifetime GIA mmbershp when I noticed in the video the gunsgadgets link indicates a GOA Life mmbrshp can be had for $900 -

ETA: link took me to GOA website and looked legit enuff for me - best $900 I’ve spent this week!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 61B1EEE1-8CFD-4B93-9977-215A52833FD8.png
      61B1EEE1-8CFD-4B93-9977-215A52833FD8.png
      110 KB · Views: 37
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre