• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I think he’s done a fantastic push back on the other portions of the justice system.

The police take the brunt of the system complaints but look at all this new stuff that’s lately been reported after all Contees comments.

The average homicide suspect is arrested 11 times before catching a murder charge. His comments led folks to dig deeper and it was recently revealed that 2/3’s of felony cases brought to the USAO’s office go not prosecuted. Another example is the older kid involved in the shooting of the Washington Commanders player. He absconded from court because he was not held and he was just recently picked up on a felony drug charge and his warrant (Washington Post published all the information I just stated).

Contee has done very well highlighting this.

There’s another highly publicized incident where a 16yr old just got 10 years for murder and the deceadents family is actively urging judges and prosecutors to give him more time. If he gets 10 he will be out in 6

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    William Bratton is still alive. He is only 75 and DC is probably the only department he hasn't been chief of.....

It's a hard position to fill. Whoever the mayor hires has to be competent to rebuild the understaffed agency while saying all the woke shit required of a Dem city police chief.
    I was thinking some more about this: Contee is smart to get out when he is. The next chief is going to be a fall-guy/girl for everything that we know is coming down the road. Why would anyone want to take that job under those circumstances unless it was the final stop on their department career?

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    A few possibilities:

- one of the department hoppers who has been chief in 3 different places who just asks for a big paycheck and doesn't care if he gets fired 18 months in.

- someone who is the 'first' of some type and doesn't care that it's an impossible job they will only hold for a year. Something like: First latinx male to female transgender chief of police.

Chris Magnus should be available. He rode the 'first gay chief of police' thing through 4 departments and by now the mayor may think that nobody remembers why he got shitcanned by DHS.
    You're definitely onto something here. I guess we'll see what happens. They'll need someone new by June 3rd whomever it is.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I think he’s done a fantastic push back on the other portions of the justice system.

The police take the brunt of the system complaints but look at all this new stuff that’s lately been reported after all Contees comments.

The average homicide suspect is arrested 11 times before catching a murder charge. His comments led folks to dig deeper and it was recently revealed that 2/3’s of felony cases brought to the USAO’s office go not prosecuted. Another example is the older kid involved in the shooting of the Washington Commanders player. He absconded from court because he was not held and he was just recently picked up on a felony drug charge and his warrant (Washington Post published all the information I just stated).

Contee has done very well highlighting this.

There’s another highly publicized incident where a 16yr old just got 10 years for murder and the deceadents family is actively urging judges and prosecutors to give him more time. If he gets 10 he will be out in 6
    I was very impressed with his public statements on crime and his blunt calling out of the unwillingness of prosecutors to keep these people locked up for a long time. He should have had the staffing/resources he deserved, because I think he could have done a lot of good. Heck, he could have run for Mayor and called everyone out in the process.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I worked for him in a few different roles and I can honestly say he’s had a huge impact on my career. In early 2009 my old partner and I met with him and said we don’t want to answer the radio we want to catch you real bad guys. Contee obliged and we got a lot of real bad guys. This helped other people see we were workers and opened a lot of doors for me!

I really like him. He’s openly critical of the fact that our job is only to bring the accused to court and the rest of the system needs to hold them accountable, which they are not.

DC is losing a great guy! I won’t go to much into other stuff being a public forum and all but he should have had more actual say in his department.

Contee gave you a very personal feel. If he met you once he would remember your name. He always asked about your family. I could call his cell right now as little old officer and he would probably pick up. He’s also very supportive of my current role.
    Thanks for catching those bad guys. Glad you had the support you needed from him to do that. That's pretty great.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I worked for him in a few different roles and I can honestly say he’s had a huge impact on my career. In early 2009 my old partner and I met with him and said we don’t want to answer the radio we want to catch you real bad guys. Contee obliged and we got a lot of real bad guys. This helped other people see we were workers and opened a lot of doors for me!

I really like him. He’s openly critical of the fact that our job is only to bring the accused to court and the rest of the system needs to hold them accountable, which they are not.

DC is losing a great guy! I won’t go to much into other stuff being a public forum and all but he should have had more actual say in his department.

Contee gave you a very personal feel. If he met you once he would remember your name. He always asked about your family. I could call his cell right now as little old officer and he would probably pick up. He’s also very supportive of my current role.

Your and Baffling's comments confirm my impressions of the man. My only hope is he can make a difference in the FBI, where people like Contee are sorely needed.
    StantonCree, is 100% correct. Even though I was retired and hadn’t been under his command, for over 10 years, he still called me by my first name. We were all at a funeral of a friend and colleague, and I was in a suit with my wife. He approached me, and asked how I liked retirement, and said he was sorry for our loss. It really made me feel special, and my wife noticed. He is a great man, and he’s squeaky clean. He will go a long way, to restore faith in the FBI.
    BTW; D.C. has less than 3,100 glock’s issued, right now. That includes recruits. This comes from an official assigned to the range. That means there’s less cops than they admit.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    StantonCree, is 100% correct. Even though I was retired and hadn’t been under his command, for over 10 years, he still called me by my first name. We were all at a funeral of a friend and colleague, and I was in a suit with my wife. He approached me, and asked how I liked retirement, and said he was sorry for our loss. It really made me feel special, and my wife noticed. He is a great man, and he’s squeaky clean. He will go a long way, to restore faith in the FBI.
    BTW; D.C. has less than 3,100 glock’s issued, right now. That includes recruits. This comes from an official assigned to the range. That means there’s less cops than they admit.
    On your last point, I observed two MPDC motor cops carrying Sigs a couple months ago.

Contee will be sorely missed. Sounds like THEY missed his calling. Hometown talent is always overlooked, it seems.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I don’t think the stats take into account non contact and injured.

BTW how is retirement? I hope you’re living good. My neighbor retired a few years ago and I think he’s finding it rough. He got a job but his son is at an age where he’s finding his own way and i think that’s tough on him.

Be careful on that bike buddy!

Last edited:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    On your last point, I observed two MPDC motor cops carrying Sigs a couple months ago.

Contee will be sorely missed. Sounds like THEY missed his calling. Hometown talent is always overlooked, it seems.
    The only unit to ever have Sigs was the SWAT team. I actually have one of the MPDC Sig 226’s. You sure it was DC? I think the secret service has them and they have motorcycle cops too.

Either that or your just witnessed some sloppy terrorist scouting.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    The only unit to ever have Sigs was the SWAT team. I actually have one of the MPDC Sig 226’s. You sure it was DC? I think the secret service has them and they have motorcycle cops too.

USSS runs P229s in 357sig.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Bowser has announced that it will be a national search and not an automatic internal promotion. I'm voting for Norton.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

It was on Connecticut Ave deep in the heart of DC. Maybe federal police then?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Bowser has announced that it will be a national search and not an automatic internal promotion. I'm voting for Norton.
    This is exciting and scary.

First, every white shirt essentially was raised under Lanier who was raised under Ramsey so it’s been a cycle of visibility policing coupled with creation of new units that die within a few years. The only unit to survive and thrive is Gun Recovery which has received tons of bad press in recent years.

Maybe a fresh face will bring fresh ideas but they will be hamstrung with these low numbers.

DC is a unique beast with its protests and marches and highway shutdowns and large gatherings daily. The low numbers are semi sustainable if we didn’t have these events but the full activations, keeping people from their families, exhaustion, etc is unsustainable.

Hopefully the next chief can come up with a plan. No one minds pulling their fair share but I’m a father of 3 who starts work at 2-3am and goes to bed at 9pm. I get sick every time we have one of these two week 12 hour shifts no days off.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    DC is the weirdest of weird. Multiple NSSEs every year. Large agencies abounding. Sections of town where MPD has concurrent but not primary jurisdiction. To your point you add in the demos, the big special events (July 4 anyone?) and it's a job I wouldn't want for twice the salary.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County

I guarantee you, it wasn’t MPD. They went to Gen V Glock 17’s. The reason I was able to buy my issued Gen II
    I don’t think the stats take into account non contact and injured.

BTW how is retirement? I hope you’re living good. My neighbor retired a few years ago and I think he’s finding it rough. He got a job but his son is at an age where he’s finding his own way and i think that’s tough on him.

Be careful on that bike buddy!
    That’s why I was careful to say “issued” Even on non contact, your issued Glock remains yours. It’s just kept in a safe, at your element

Retirement is awesome!! I left with 72% and because I was tier two, I’ve been getting some pretty big COLA’s.
    I did take another job, as a Deputy, strictly assigned to the courthouse. Easiest money, I’ve ever made!! Mon-Fri 8-4… Sitting on my ass!! Lol! 13 miles from home and Zero stress! It’s more of a social gathering. All the big wigs of the County, call me by my first name. Including the judges. It’s very cool! And because I actually live in the community, I do feel like I’m giving back. I never felt like that, with MPD.

100% correct, on all accounts
    I think this is a good thing!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom