• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HWB3

Jan 18, 2017
    Ellicott City
    Cresap Rifle Club is selling the range brass from our range to reloaders who want a good deal. All the proceeds support the Junior Rifle Team's equipment and travel expenses. We have some updated lists of what's available. All brass is sorted and cleaned/tumbled for at least two hours. On hand right now is:

Handgun - 50 AE in process now, 10 mm in process now SOLD, .45 ACP Federal Cases SPP (Small Pistol Primer) 50pcs for $5.00, .45 ACP PMC Cases LPP (Large Pistol Primer) 50 pcs for $5.00, .45 Colt USA Cases 50 pcs for $5.00, .44 Mag Frontier Cases 50 pcs for $5.00 SOLD, and plenty of .40 S&W, 9mm and .38 spl if wanted.

Rifle - 32 Win Special R-P Cases with box 20 pcs for $10.00 SOLD, 6.5 Creedmore Hornady Cases 50 pcs for $10.00, .338 Win Mag 15 misc cases for $5.00, .270 Win R-P Cases 33 pcs for $5.00, 7mm Rem Mag Hornady Cases 33 pcs for $10.00, .300 Blackout misc Cases 100 pcs for $5.00SOLD, .224 Valkyrie FC Cases 50 pcs for $5.00 or 100 pcs for $10.00.

Special Donation - .50 BMG Cases 25 pcs $30.00

Items are available at Cresap Rifle Club off of Linganore Road in Frederick on Sundays 10:00 am to 3:00 pm when we are open to the public for shooting. If you want some of the brass but Frederick is too far, I can bring whatever you want to Ellicott City and we can figure a meeting place out from there. Contact me at hwbennett3@msn.com if you have any questions or need additional information. Thanks, we're trying to keep this Junior Rifle Team up and running and able to participate in local matches in our area.

Last edited:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Honestly, you guys should have been selling the brass for years now, instead of just starting now. When I was going to your range, back when it was open on Saturdays and Sundays, I asked about buying buckets of spent brass (or any brass for that matter) and was told to get bent, because it was going to be sold to a scrapper or some other excuse.

This could have been a way to support the team for at least the past 20 years of my life, because I would have bought buckets of mixed brass, then sorted them at home, and traded the brass off I didn't reload for brass that I needed. All you guys would have to do was scoop it into a bucket and sell it as mixed brass from the pistol line or from the rifle line and let the buyer deal with sorting it out.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Honestly, you guys should have been selling the brass for years now, instead of just starting now. When I was going to your range, back when it was open on Saturdays and Sundays, I asked about buying buckets of spent brass (or any brass for that matter) and was told to get bent, because it was going to be sold to a scrapper or some other excuse.

This could have been a way to support the team for at least the past 20 years of my life, because I would have bought buckets of mixed brass, then sorted them at home, and traded the brass off I didn't reload for brass that I needed. All you guys would have to do was scoop it into a bucket and sell it as mixed brass from the pistol line or from the rifle line and let the buyer deal with sorting it out.
    Y..E..P...The above about sums it up. I also asked a while back.. I would like to buy some brass...asked how much per pound..throw it in a box, I'll clean and sort it...basically got blown off. Could of had money back then, not bashing....but....would of bought a ton of 5.56 / 9mm / 45acp......

So...... went elsewhere gave em a fair price per..and done.

Off Topic: even talked about membership, that went over about as good as the brass thing..

-Rock

Last edited:

HWB3

Jan 18, 2017
    Ellicott City
    Y..E..P...The above about sums it up. I also asked a while back.. I would like to buy some brass...asked how much per pound..throw it in a box, I'll clean and sort it...basically got blown off. Could of had money back then, not bashing....but....would of bought a ton of 5.56 / 9mm / 45acp......

So...... went elsewhere gave em a fair price per..and done.

Off Topic: even talked about membership, that went over about as good as the brass thing..

-Rock
    Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at Cresap. I'm relatively new there as a member but volunteered to do the brass sales as a fundraiser for the Junior Rifle Team. The brass is swept up every Sunday and I sort it monthly buy caliber and sometimes by brand if there is enough and clean it up and decap. What's left I take to the recycling facility for scrap. If you wanted the bulk brass, we have it in five-gallon buckets and I would be happy to ask them what they would want for the whole bucket of assorted brass if there were an interest in that. My contact info is hwbennett3@msn.com if you wanted to let me know you're interested. I would also help if you were still interested in becoming a member of the club too.

Holly Bennett

HWB3

Jan 18, 2017
    Ellicott City
    Cresap Rifle Club is selling the range brass from our range to reloaders who want a good deal. All the proceeds support the Junior Rifle Team's equipment and travel expenses. We have some updated lists of what's available. All brass is sorted and cleaned/tumbled for at least two hours. On hand for October is attached

Special Donation - .50 BMG Cases 25 pcs $30.00

Items are available at Cresap Rifle Club off of Linganore Road in Frederick on Sundays 10:00 am to 3:00 pm when we are open to the public for shooting. If you want some of the brass but Frederick is too far, I can bring whatever you want to Ellicott City, and we can figure a meeting place out from there. Contact me at hwbennett3@msn.com if you have any questions or need additional information. Thanks, we're trying to keep this Junior Rifle Team up and running and able to participate in local matches in our area.

Attachments

• BRASS SALES Special.pdf
      91.8 KB · Views: 49

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom