• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    AR that is...
    Went in yesterday after my 7 day waiting period to pick-up my Kel-Tec P-3AT and made the mistake of holding a few used AR's Mark had in stock. I'm a newb with regards to AR's, but have been looking around for a complete upper to compliment a lower build I was planning. Seems like everything I liked online was on back-order till who knows when?... so I took the plunge and got a used franken AR with a DSA Spartan lower a LWRC M6A2 upper, a VLTOR stock, and some folding sights. Can't wait to shoot it!

Just a warning to any prospective customers of 2A, they ply you with doughnuts when you arrive, get your hands sticky so you feel guilty handling the guns and then they pounce! (I may be stretching it a little, but the doughnuts part is true)

In all seriousness, great customer service from Mark and his staff, even if you're just browsing, they'll answer questions, make recommendations based on what you want if you know and generally make you feel welcome.

Being a cheap b*stard (speaking of myself), it also doesn't hurt that he consistently seems to have competitve if not the best prices on stuff he has on hand when I've shopped around at local gun shows and shops.

Attachments

• AR 013.jpg
      AR 013.jpg
      65.3 KB · Views: 562
    • AR 009.jpg
      AR 009.jpg
      85.2 KB · Views: 554
    • AR 014.jpg
      AR 014.jpg
      50.8 KB · Views: 553
    Last edited:

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    I forgot to post the engraved side of the lower with the Spartan Lambda Symbol and marked MOLON LABE, meaning "Come and take them!"

as one of you gentlemen have associated with your username

Attachments

• AR.jpg
      AR.jpg
      80.6 KB · Views: 498

Rleepremier

Feb 2, 2012
    They have used ars there? Man he tricked me into buying my first ar there by getting exactly what I wanted and only having 1 in stock. I did see that sweet lwrc he had on the base. Too much for a HD firearm. I bet you probably got a crazy deal too, man im jealous.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    thanks everyone! Gotta a lot to learn about the AR platform, but I'm willing to put in the time. First time I'm shot a rifle with peep sights, it's a lot different than the open sights I'm familiar with, going to take some time getting used to.

DomiNATE

Trololol
    Jun 10, 2009
    Howard County
    I remember that rifle when it came in, definitely a well thought out build by the original owner. You got a nice rifle, I have an LWRC and they run like beasts. Congrats

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Nice, I saw that one on the wall.

BTW - the KNS pins are installed backwards, not a big deal but you should probably fix them.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Nice, I saw that one on the wall.

BTW - the KNS pins are installed backwards, not a big deal but you should probably fix them.

Wow, you gotta a good eye. Being a AR newb, I would have never known. Just googled it and found a youtube installation video from KNS and you are correct sir!

Now I just need to find something to use in lieu of not having the threaded tool and make sure I have two of that particular size allen wrench.

Thanks for the tip!:thumbsup:

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Wow, you gotta a good eye. Being a AR newb, I would have never known. Just googled it and found a youtube installation video from KNS and you are correct sir!

Now I just need to find something to use in lieu of not having the threaded tool and make sure I have two of that particular size allen wrench.

Thanks for the tip!:thumbsup:

The design allows the hammer pin to rotate freely while the trigger pin requires lube just like many things in life - CV joints, U joints, crowded elevators... ;) :lol2:

Nice buy.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    The design allows the hammer pin to rotate freely while the trigger pin requires lube just like many things in life - CV joints, U joints, crowded elevators... ;) :lol2:

Nice buy.

Roger that.
    Got it swapped around and learned why you want to keep the hammer spring pinned and compressed while doing it :innocent0

heading up to Cresap tomorrow and see if I got it back together correctly.
    Gave the whole weapon a good cleaning, the hardest part was getting the spring on the piston compressed enough to get the middle piece between it and the cup. When it snaps into place right , you know it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom