I went with the pro model

Attachments

• 20221223_112248.jpg
      20221223_112248.jpg
      253.8 KB · Views: 111

mpbclutch33

Apr 13, 2012
    Harford Co.,MD
    I just sold my shield 2.0 and bought a shield plus. Still waiting the 7 days. I also tried to go to PA and get some mags. Went to 4 shops. Got one mag. Kinda sucks but….. Gotta couple 7-8 round shield mags in the classified if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    The Hellcat looks nice - I'd like to give one a go sometime. Congrats on the new pistol! Post up a review once you get it and have a chance to send some rounds downrange!
    I can’t help but compare the Hellcat to my current carry gun, an XDs single-stack 3.3”

The Hellcat has a bit fatter grip, with roughly equal surface on all 4 sides and yet smaller in circumference to the XDs. What happens for me is my fingers wrap around the Hellcat so much that I can’t get a good purchase with my weak hand on the grip, but end up getting a purchase on my stronghand fingers and both hands slide off with +p ammo.

First time out I wanted to run my go-to defensive ammo, it’s +p, the Remington Golden Saber 124gr. That first time I did not like the gun at all. After shooting 2 rounds I had to adjust my grip, sometimes every round I’d need an adjustment. I went home pretty disappointed.

Second time out yesterday…(ran into the notorious Square Groper ;) at the range), I tried what Lucky Gunner directed me to, when I looked up on their ammo test page for something that wasn’t +p. I’m going to admit I might be in a rut and stayed with Remington and got their 124gr Ultimate Defense Compact Handgun round, (currently out of stock at LuckyGunner :sad20: )

I shot a few rounds of the +p, then the normal loads, back and forth between both rounds and after awhile I could really tell the difference in speeds, 1020fps and the +p’s 1180, as per data at Lucky Gunner’s site: https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/

After shooting 2 different guns and 2 different rounds, I eventually did have better control of the Hellcat and felt a whole lot better than I did after my first range visit. However, I also wanted to see how the new non +p ammo was in my XDs and it’s still, hands down a way better shooter for me. It might boil down to the stippling, which is minimal on the Hellcat and deep on the XDs. Accuracy of the Hellcat was spot on, so it’s a great gun for someone. I think I have taken this Hellcat as far as I can go for me. Anyone wanna buy a Hellcat cheap?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I can’t help but compare the Hellcat to my current carry gun, an XDs single-stack 3.3”

The Hellcat has a bit fatter grip, with roughly equal surface on all 4 sides and yet smaller in circumference to the XDs. What happens for me is my fingers wrap around the Hellcat so much that I can’t get a good purchase with my weak hand on the grip, but end up getting a purchase on my stronghand fingers and both hands slide off with +p ammo.

First time out I wanted to run my go-to defensive ammo, it’s +p, the Remington Golden Saber 124gr. That first time I did not like the gun at all. After shooting 2 rounds I had to adjust my grip, sometimes every round I’d need an adjustment. I went home pretty disappointed.

Second time out yesterday…(ran into the notorious Square Groper ;) at the range), I tried what Lucky Gunner directed me to, when I looked up on their ammo test page for something that wasn’t +p. I’m going to admit I might be in a rut and stayed with Remington and got their 124gr Ultimate Defense Compact Handgun round, (currently out of stock at LuckyGunner :sad20: )

I shot a few rounds of the +p, then the normal loads, back and forth between both rounds and after awhile I could really tell the difference in speeds, 1020fps and the +p’s 1180, as per data at Lucky Gunner’s site: https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/

After shooting 2 different guns and 2 different rounds, I eventually did have better control of the Hellcat and felt a whole lot better than I did after my first range visit. However, I also wanted to see how the new non +p ammo was in my XDs and it’s still, hands down a way better shooter for me. It might boil down to the stippling, which is minimal on the Hellcat and deep on the XDs. Accuracy of the Hellcat was spot on, so it’s a great gun for someone. I think I have taken this Hellcat as far as I can go for me. Anyone wanna buy a Hellcat cheap?
    You need a G43x :innocent0

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    You need a G43x :innocent0
    I looked at the 43x in the shop when I was handling the Hellcat. As with the 1911, when I brought it up to look down the sites I had to tip my wrists down to get the sites lined up. I have nothing but respect for 1911s and Glock, being the industry standard, but they just aren’t economic for me. (No, it’s not “gay wrist” :D )

Checksbob

U wreckum I checkum
    Make sure to practice fast mag drops and reloads till it's muscle memory.

I have the Mossy MC2SC which is similar to the P365 and Hellcat in where the bottom of the grip is in my hand. I had to learn to slightly open the bottom of my hand to get the mag to drop and it's not a natural thing to do.

I had my chrono with me, you could have gotten actual numbers out of your toys.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I looked at the 43x in the shop when I was handling the Hellcat. As with the 1911, when I brought it up to look down the sites I had to tip my wrists down to get the sites lined up. I have nothing but respect for 1911s and Glock, being the industry standard, but they just aren’t economic for me. (No, it’s not “gay wrist” :D )
    "Combat fishing rod casting" we call it. I have never kept any Glocks very long because of it.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    I have sold a fair number of both (365s & Hellcats), and for me, I picked the 365 and the 365XL with a Nightstick green laser/light combo for my “bump in the night” gun, with a 15 rd mag. Both have Wilson grip modules. I had nothing against the Hellcat, I just felt the 365s fit me better. My wife actually promptly snagged the first P365 I brought home, no more than 15 minutes after I walked in the door with it. We’re both happy with them, all 3 of ours came with a manual safety, but we’re both completely comfortable using this safety because it’s in the typical 1911 position. I guess the Hellcat woulda done the trick, but we did prefer the manual safety on the 365.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    I have sold a fair number of both (365s & Hellcats), and for me, I picked the 365 and the 365XL with a Nightstick green laser/light combo for my “bump in the night” gun, with a 15 rd mag. Both have Wilson grip modules. I had nothing against the Hellcat, I just felt the 365s fit me better. My wife actually promptly snagged the first P365 I brought home, no more than 15 minutes after I walked in the door with it. We’re both happy with them, all 3 of ours came with a manual safety, but we’re both completely comfortable using this safety because it’s in the typical 1911 position. I guess the Hellcat woulda done the trick, but we did prefer the manual safety on the 365.
    The old adage that safeties are mechanical, and can malfunction, was a factor in my decision in buying the Hellcat. I don’t care for safeties, and the XDs I have has a grip safety, and no muscle memory is necessary for that.

Last edited:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Wait, you use the sights? :D
    Slow, aimed fire. :)

Believe me, that back strap hump on a Glock grip throws me off a good bit shooting fast. Definitely would not chance a rapid hostage head shot with one. My 43x was a great gun to carry tho.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Slow, aimed fire. :)

Believe me, that back strap hump on a Glock grip throws me off a good bit shooting fast. Definitely would not chance a rapid hostage head shot with one. My 43x was a great gun to carry tho.
    Dude.. pray and spray.. pray and spray...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom