• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gray Beard

MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2023
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Last week I was at A&D pawn in Glen Burnie, Jimmy had 2 rough necks in stock at that time. One was 9mm and the other was 45LC /.410.

Not all things are practical, it would be a boring world if everything was practical. I say if you like it and want it get it.

I have one in .357 / .38 spl, it’s a hand full for sure and fun to shoot (for a few shots) I don’t carry it, it’s just for fun. It’s like that Clint Eastwood movie with the American Indian and the rock candy, “it’s not for eating, it’s for looking through”.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Bonds are nice but I want a Remington 95 like James West to keep up my sleeve

6916CEA9-8BC3-4F4B-BE08-4CCE9187CAF7.jpeg

dwb1987

Mar 6, 2013
    Frederick County
    I have a roughneck that originally came as a 9mm. But I also bought a .357mag barrel for it as well. Quality seems to be pretty high. The trigger guard is removeable, which is good because the motion to pull the trigger is back and kinda down at the same time. Hard to do with the trigger guard on. Plus it just looks better.

It's a cool, interesting gun. Fun to shoot every now and then. Very modular, barrels swap in seconds and lots of different calibers.

Cons are it is heavy, only 2 shots, very wide. There are tons of better choices for defensive use. There is a manual crossbolt safety for some reason, like somebody is going to carry this in their pocket cocked?

Probably wouldn't buy it knowing what I know now. Kinda wished I bought one of the higher trim finished ones. Or the stinger as it is thinner.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Like I said its a want, not practical. If carried it would most likely as a bug. Since I was a kid I always thought they were cool.
    This is America, where a man should be allowed to buy any gun he desires. :patriot:

MiddleRiverShootist

Jan 18, 2015
    Baltimore Co
    Saw a few at Freestate today. too crowded to shoot and a long wait,, but i saw a few in the case as i was looking around. i had an older Davis 32auto. very small and fun. but not practical.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Like I said its a want, not practical. If carried it would most likely as a bug. Since I was a kid I always thought they were cool.

Bond Arms should do a retro model, with engraving, case hardening (real or simulated) to make it look like an authentic antique. An Uberti for Derringers.

They have lots of different models, what's one more?

ETA: oops... it looks like Uberti already has a few of those.

temccoy

Nov 13, 2020
    I used to own a Bond Arms with two sets of barrels - 38/357, and 45/410. Not terribly practical, but fun to shoot. I think the most fun was loading the 45/410 with bird shot and blasting away with it. You need to get one of the larger ones - both larger grip and longer barrels to make it more practical to actually shoot, but that defeats the whole purpose of a derringer. Go for it, they are a hoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom