• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    Does anyone know where I can find information on the regulations for Baltimore County regarding the legal size for parking spaces? I live in a townhome community in White Marsh and I am being ignored by my HOA. Our HOA documents state that the parking pads are owned by them however do not list the minimum/maximum parking space size for the community.

I wrote a letter to the HOA and the Management company in April about reconsidering the size of our parking pads before they re-pave or re-line them and it went unanswered. I was instructed to do this by the HOA at our last meeting. Last Thursday I get notice that all cars have to be moved today (9/11) so they can re-line the pads.

When I called the management company earlier this week I was essentially told they wont do anything about it and why after 8 years is this the first time I brought it up. Our HOA sucks and has done nothing for 8 years and didn't exist for 2 years. I have never not paid on time and never made a request and just dealt with it.

We have 6 parking spots crammed into the same size space as the homes across the street and they only have 4 spaces. My space excluding the curb is 7ft wide and I thought you were not supposed to park on the curb for drainage.

I need to figure out what I can do to have this elevated:mad54:

mdram

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2011
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    parking regs can be county, they can be city
    they can also get changed during the review process and via P&Z review/appeal

call your local planning and zoning office as a start

TheRussianNightmare

Sep 17, 2012
    Parking Space sizes vary depending on the layout of the parking area. Please see this link for more detailed info http://ecode360.com/12148715

Minimum off-street parking space dimensions shall be as follows:

-----------------Angled Parking--------Parallel Parking
    -----------------(feet)----------------(feet)
    Standard space 8 1/2 x 18------------7 1/2 x 21
    Small car space 7 1/2 x 16------------7 1/2 x 18
    Angled parking means any space that is NOT a parallel parking space.

Small car spaces shall be designated as such and clearly marked to indicate the intended use.

In surface parking facilities (meaning NOT a parking structure such as a parking garage) serving residential or lodging uses: no small car spaces permitted.

It is possible that the HOA/Builder/Developer got permission to use smaller spaces in the form of a variance, which is granted or denied at a hearing where they would explain their hardship and cannot meet the regulation size.

Report the HOA to Zoning Code Enforcement. Good luck and f*ck HOAs.

rivertamer

Apr 7, 2012
    MARYLAND
    I live in Nottingham and it sounds exactly like my court...... not enough spaces on both sides of the street and we really had to push to get numbers painted on the curb..... parking is still an issue and my hoa and management company sucks to.... lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Baltimore County Code is rather short and easier to read on the website.

I'm guessing it's not a gated community? If it is then you are on your own.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I also live in a townhome with small spots. And my neighbor has a giant truck blocking everyone else's view. Everytime we pull out of our spot we have to hope there isn't a car coming cause we can't see. They repaved and relined our spots in July, and their shredder machine took down our mailboxes. Took 1.5 month to get replaced.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    I live in Nottingham and it sounds exactly like my court...... not enough spaces on both sides of the street and we really had to push to get numbers painted on the curb..... parking is still an issue and my hoa and management company sucks to.... lol

My sis lives over off Dunfield , I hate trying to park over there it is a PITA .......

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD

I am in Silver Spring Station Townhomes and our HOA is terrible. The management company that we hired this year is terrible too. They actually striped an numbered our spots today so now I don't know if it is worth going after.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    HOA's are worst than the gov't at least if the gov't screws you you can always go to court or use some other form of political pressure and shame them into at least leaving a twenty on the night stand. But after researching issues with my HOA it is customary for the courts to always side on the HOA and NEVER the resident. I couldn't find a single instance when the resident won going up against the HOA. BEing on the board must be like being in the md general assembly.:innocent0

Redd Byrd

Oct 2, 2007
    "-----------------Angled Parking--------Parallel Parking
    -----------------(feet)----------------(feet)
    Standard space 8 1/2 x 18------------7 1/2 x 21
    Small car space 7 1/2 x 16------------7 1/2 x 18
    Angled parking means any space that is NOT a parallel parking space."

In the days of Mussel Cars, an Angled Parking space was 10' x 20' and there was no Disabled Parking!

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    If you want to mess with your HOA:

1 - Federal law states you are allowed to have an exterior television reception antenna. Most HOAs prohibit them in spite of the federal law. You could put up the biggest, trashiest antenna for television reception.

2 - Maryland has a law on the books that allows everyone the right to a clothesline for drying your clothes outdoors. Again, most HOAs prohibit this in spite of the law. Put up a clothesline next to your new tv antenna.

You could move if that is an option.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    I once looked at a house that came HOA rules. They stated I couldn't park my pickup on the front lawn, it had to stay on the cement/blacktop. Screw that. I live out in the sticks and I park anywhere I please and paint my house any color I wish, it's called freedom as limited as it is in the State of Maryland. Chris

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Threads like these make me happy that I went with the house that has no HOA.

Tell me about it. I'm in a condo going thru hell right now. F*ckers. Only moved here due to disability. Needed one level living and no maintainence. Hate the monthly fees. Wish I could have gotten a THS.

Last edited:

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    Tell me about it. I'm in a condo going thru hell right now. F*ckers. Only move here due to disability.

I was inches from buying an (admittedly nice) condo when the voice of reason caught up with me.

Now I can stand in my backyard, piss drunk, next to a bonfire, in nothing but boxer shorts, and pee in my fish pond and nobody can stop me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom