• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    It looks like he is right. I can't say I have seen too many solid orange hats.
    here is a clip, emphasis mine.

So yes, if you wear only a hat, then it has to be solid orange.

But if you wear only a hat, you're likely to be a little chilly out in the woods. Talk about full exposure...

:innocent0

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    Still surprises me that hunters mistake 2 legged creatures, that walk upright, as game animals.

Doesn't speak well of hunters.

Yeah...a lot of the hunters I've run into have been big time dumbasses. Not most, but there is a sizable population of F-ups out there with rifles and beers.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    Yeah...a lot of the hunters I've run into have been big time dumbasses. Not most, but there is a sizable population of F-ups out there with rifles and beers.

Yup. You gotta stupid careful especially on public land. Seen a guy sighting in his rifle opening day morning deer, shooting down the main trail at a beer can. HIS beer can! Just a good 'ol Garret Co. Fudd. Lots of stupid F'ers out there.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Food for thought....
    It is not illegal to kill someone accidentally while hunting in Merry-land. Pick your partners carfully.

It is, believe it or not.

You may not get the 25 years of first degree assault, but you will get something (normally, reckless endangerment). On top of the loss of your hunting privileges.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Hat alone ( in combination with weather suitable regular clothes) is handy option when on my own property , or other location where I know I ( or myself & daughter) are definately by ourselves , but want to meet arbitrary requirement.

If anywhere where other hunters just might be around , then at least a vest also is a wise idea.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    You moved to the wrong state :lol2:

I did? Haven't seen near as many as back east. PA was Fudd central. Since back there its all tree stand hunting and only white tail. Out here you actually need to know what you are doing A to stay alive in the elements, and B to actually kill what you are hunting. But I guess you know better since you live here ;) I'll be out with my AR tomorrow getting some coyotes. Need a pelt?

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    No argument there. lol

However, you must have never went Black bear hunting ;)

No I have never gone black bear hunting on the East Coast. This year I've been doing coyote mostly. MIGHT go out tomorrow but this week has been a tad chilly. -30 wind chill today and on those plains...mighty cold.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Sissy!!!

You need to toughen up!!! :D

Hahaha it's more a matter of not being prepared with adequate cold weather gear. I have MD gear which won't cut it. Im off tomorrow but I have some stuff to do. Might do the last few hours of light but still undecided. Not sure if it is just gonna turn into a shooting trip instead. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom