• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fargo007

Mar 1, 2011
    Online registration is required. After the roster is full, payment instructions will be sent out.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDI2VDBseWNlWUROZjNhRWJFNUt1OFE6MQ

Details:

The BHTC UKD Challenge is a long range precision rifle match in which range estimation, marksmanship, and problem-solving skills are all combined to test the shooter. It is an UNKNOWN DISTANCE match. No laser rangefinders are permitted. One seen in your hands at any time is a DQ. Target height and width are provided one time, at the commencement of the match.

The scoring model is friendly to beginners, as well as rewarding the rifle-ninja for a superior performance, and keeping the scores tight at the top. You get big points for the hit, and bonus points for rounds unfired. Beginners should not hesitate to try this match.

Distances are from muzzle to 1025Y. Because of the nature of the firing positions, the short harris bipod is strongly discouraged.

Targets will include paper, reactive polymer and steel.

Expect some things that have never been done before.

Match fee is $75.00.

There is a prize table with a grand prize of an AR upper and lower from Defiance Machines, and a Recon 15x50 spotting scope from our friends at Vortex Optics.

Bunking at the clubhouse (byo cot & bag) are $10. The club also serves breakfast and lunch for $7.50 per meal. It is excellent home-cooked food. The firing line is covered/shaded in most cases.

--Fargo007

Come visit us at http://www.bhtcorps.com

Last edited:

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    Yes. Just no laser range finders. You have to mil the target. How you do the math doesn't matter. Some use the mil dot master and others use apps.

fargo007

Mar 1, 2011
    400 Ellen Chapel Lane, Lewistown, PA

Herr Baer's remarks on the rules are correct.

--Fargo007

JamesBailey

Form Factor'ed!
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington VA
    Freddy-
    Is this the only UKD challenge at Mifflin this year? I remember last year you did several and I see several listed on your website calendar. I don't think I can make 9 June unless this is the only one of the year, in which case I can make it work.
    thanks,
    -James

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom