• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikeasu

Feb 5, 2022
    Hey all,

Trying to figure out the best way to attach my GI sling (Appleseed style, AS-918) to my AR. It looks like I need a connector for the hole in my ACS-L stock, and something on the handguard (have choice of MLOK or a bit of picatinny on the front bottom of the rail (Stinger HWK, full length). It was unclear what I'd attach (esp. in the rear) for the sling to clip in. Any tips? The options on Magpul's site didn't make sense to me.

-Mike

Defense Initiative

Aug 2, 2023
    Maryland
    Hey all,

Trying to figure out the best way to attach my GI sling (Appleseed style, AS-918) to my AR. It looks like I need a connector for the hole in my ACS-L stock, and something on the handguard (have choice of MLOK or a bit of picatinny on the front bottom of the rail (Stinger HWK, full length). It was unclear what I'd attach (esp. in the rear) for the sling to clip in. Any tips? The options on Magpul's site didn't make sense to me.

-Mike

I use a cheap and easy system without spending a hundred dollars on a sling and all the attachments. I use an MS1 and run mine over the top of the rifle. I loop it through my collapsable stock and the front post site. Carry is over the neck in a port arms position. At the same time, I am giving the sling enough slack to provide myself with freedom of movement.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I use a cheap and easy system without spending a hundred dollars on a sling and all the attachments. I use an MS1 and run mine over the top of the rifle. I loop it through my collapsable stock and the front post site. Carry is over the neck in a port arms position. At the same time, I am giving the sling enough slack to provide myself with freedom of movement.
    I have pretty much done away with metallic attachments. They're noisy and clumsy and can even fail. I use paracord loops. Light and quiet.
    Of course, not what you'd use for Applebee's.

Last edited:

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    This thing is cool. Just don't try to adjust it in the field and drop one of the screws and back plate out of the deer stand into the leaves. She's gone...

4f7f93798f43b851467a05ac2e854ad7.jpg

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The sling is used very differently in the Appleseed than what many here are used to.

I haven't watched this video, but it should explain how the sling in used. You can fast forward through the setup to the part where the shooter actually slings up.

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The sling is used very differently in the Appleseed than what many here are used to.

I haven't watched this video, but it should explain how the sling in used. You can fast forward through the setup to the part where the shooter actually slings up.

So, the Nilla wafer blinder goes on your port side and the Oreo blinder goes to starboard? Have I got that right?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Correct. It's an updated version of "hayfoot, strawfoot." It helps counteract the Coriolis Effect, while accommodating the Ptolemaic Epicycles. This is rarely a factor until you get out to 600 yards, though.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Correct. It's an updated version of "hayfoot, strawfoot." It helps counteract the Coriolis Effect, while accommodating the Ptolemaic Epicycles. This is rarely a factor until you get out to 600 yards, though.
    That was my hunch. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom