• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Welcome to the forum. Try going to the introductions section https://www.mdshooters.com/forums/introductions.119/ and let us know about yourself. St.Mary’s Walmart had quite a bit of ammo the other day when I was there
    Other than shotgun and rimfire, anything else on the shelves. I see .308 and 350 Legend once in a while but that is about it. Oh, for the days of handgun, 5.56 and all the rest, I miss those Walmart days.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Not J2. If you're in St Marys check out Medusa. They always seem to be priced fairly.
    While i really like J2 they are certainly not the cheapest place. Their selection isnt that good.

i looked at the tackle box and was in sticker shock, i walked out with out buying anything. But they whete well stocked.

I tend to go to Big dogs in king George. They are not ready cheep either but tend to be well stocked and actually have some very very hard to find ammo

i am plaining on making a trip to ashland to go to green top and brass pro in a few weeks. Green top is normal fair priced and well stocked

Mitral

Sep 6, 2015
    Calvert
    Try psg strategic / armory.
    Ip. Just up from 2/4 split strip center across from 7-11.
    Hours are mostly weekend
    Google um up and call before ya go.
    Prices best I’ve seen in SoMD
    Cash is best.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    You may well be correct; in that case (and short of any shops local to you getting a shout out) my orderings for 556 have been via Bereli.com (2022) and Global Ordnance (2021).

I can no longer recommend either AmmoShopOnline or Norma (or anything mfr’ed by RUAG for that matter). Just as krap AR’s and AR parts have flooded the market in past market cycles there appears to have been an overzealous rush on the part of some plant mfrs to cash in on the dearth of ammo. From now on it’s WW, CCI, Speer, Federal or PMC for me with some exceptions (Black Hills, etc)

There’s a third I recently got several thousand rds from and I’ll look at the shipping labels on the crates next time I’m downstairs …

Last edited:

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    You may well be correct; in that case (and short of any shops local to you getting a shout out) my orderings for 556 have been via Bereli.com (2022) and Global Ordnance (2021).

I can no longer recommend either AmmoShopOnline or Norma (or anything mfr’ed by RUAG for that matter). Just as krap AR’s and AR parts have flooded the market in past market cycles there appears to have been an overzealous rush on the part of some plant mfrs to cash in on the dearth of ammo. From now on it’s WW, CCI, Speer, Federal or PMC for me with some exceptions (Black Hills, etc)

There’s a third I recently got several thousand rds from and I’ll look at the shipping labels on the crates next time I’m downstairs …
    I had thought Norma was considered a quality ammo?
    Have they slipped ??

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    I had thought Norma was considered a quality ammo?
    Have they slipped ??

As did I and, ohhhhh yeah!

I bought 10k rds of the Norma 9mm and 2500 rds into it I’ve had two squib loads (first was in an idpa match and I still owe the SO who commanded “STOP!” as I reflexively tapped, racked and started to resume firing) and found three empty (but primed) cases. Through a chrono the extreme deviations explain how, off a rest, shots from as close as 15-20 yards are drastically apart …

I have given up emailing and calling AmmoShopOnline.com - crickets. I mean like, ZERO response … a fellow competitor had even more disconcertung experiences with their 556 and said it took MONTHS to get a response out of them (he complained to the Atty Gen’l FFL GA though)

Im justifying to burn through the crap as fast as I can so no one in my family winds up shooting it and possibly putting a live round down the tube behind a squib …

… like my first nephew says, “A le$$on bought is worth two lessons learned.” Not ashamed to admit, I got burned. But, not again.

Bereli.com blows AmmoShopOnline away anyway …

Below is just one of dozens of email AmmoShopOnline have emailed out to customers but YOU DON’T find any mention of it in their (or Norma’s or Geco’s) websites:

AMMOSHOPONLINE.COM WARNING: IMPORTANT RECALL NOTICE REGARDING CERTAIN 9MM AMMUNITION

RUAG Ammotec USA, Inc. is issuing a voluntary recall of specific SKUs/articles and corresponding Lot numbers of 9mm ammunition identified below, due to possible performance inconsistencies in a small percentage of the ammunition.

DANGER: STOP USING YOUR 9MM AMMUNITION IMMEDIATELY UNTIL IT HAS BEEN DETERMINED WHETHER YOUR AMMUNITION FALLS WITHIN THE BELOW SKU/ARTICLE/LOT NUMBER LIST. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THIS INSTRUCTION COULD RESULT IN DAMAGE TO YOUR FIREARM AND/OR INJURY

POTENTIALLY AFFECTED SKU/LOT NUMBERS

• GECO 202200025 - Lot No: SAV22D0052, SAV22D0053, SAV22D0054, SAV22D0055, SAVD0056, SAVD0057, SAVD0058, SAVD0059, SAVD0060
    • GECO 202200020 - Lot No: SAV22D0085, SAV22D0086
    • Norma 911550050 - Lot No: SAV22C0024, SAV22C0025
    • Norma 912450050 - Lot No: SAV22C0037, SAV22C0038, SAV22C0039, SAV22C0040, SAV22C0041
    • GECO 270840050 - Lot No: SAV22C0030, SAV22C0033

DESCRIPTION OF ISSUE
    Through its quality control efforts, RUAG has identified possible crimping irregularities in a small number of rounds within the ammunition SKUs/Lots identified above that could allow the projectile to be seated further into the casing than intended. Continued use of the potentially affected ammunition could impact safe firearm performance leading to property damage and/or injury.

This issue could affect a small percentage of ammunition within the SKUs/Lots identified in the chart above.

If you are uncertain as to whether your ammunition falls with the potentially impacted SKU/Lot numbers, or if you have any additional questions concerning this notification or need assistance with these instructions, please contact a RUAG Customer Service Representative by email: sales@ammoshoponline.com or phone: (912) 342-2272. For more information about this notice, you call also visit Ammoshoponline.com

HOW TO DETERMINE THE SKU/LOT NUMBER FOR YOUR AMMUNITION
    The SKU and/or Lot number for your ammunition is located on the packaging as follows:

(SEE ATTACHED PHOTO)

WHAT TO DO IF YOUR AMMUNITION IS AFFECTED
    Once you have determined, based on its SKU/Article/Lot number, that your ammunition is one of the affected products, please sumit a return request by email:Sales@ammotshoponline or by phone: (912)342-2272 to receive pre-paid shipping label.Once your ammunition is returned, we will refund your full purchase price for the subject ammunition through your original payment method and provide a discount code for 20% off your next purchase at Ammoshoponline.com ("Discount Code"). The Discount Code is valid until July 31, 2022.

Last edited:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    In the market for 5.56, can anyone recommend local stores that offer the best price?

Thanks

Not local but to one‘s door; and,

In Stock as of 0100 hrs 9-15-2022:

BattleHawkArmory.com is pushing out 1,000 rd cases for $410 and $400 respectively*:

556 https://www.battlehawkarmory.com/product/xp193-5.56-nato-fmj-bt-55gr-1000rd-case#product_detail

AND

*(that’s before shipping and any tax)

They also are pushing out 9mm brass for $280/1k case: https://battlehawkarmory.com/produc...metal-jacket-fmj-50-bx-20-cs-1#product_detail

Attachments

• 6A8388DF-E751-44E3-9F75-5052A6567DD0.jpeg
      6A8388DF-E751-44E3-9F75-5052A6567DD0.jpeg
      206.8 KB · Views: 92
    • 830A9B9E-44C0-4740-B616-98EB8514984B.jpeg
      830A9B9E-44C0-4740-B616-98EB8514984B.jpeg
      197.8 KB · Views: 81
    • 8EC7CFF7-ACE7-4489-B55F-5EC650B7F256.jpeg
      8EC7CFF7-ACE7-4489-B55F-5EC650B7F256.jpeg
      105.1 KB · Views: 94
    Last edited:

Muff Hucka

Jul 9, 2022
    Under your bed
    Are you gonna share the "secret handshake" that gets decent ammo prices at "The Big Show" ?
    Sure. It's pretty tricky and should only be attempted by seasoned professionals. What you do is walk around. When you see a price tag on a box of ammo that you want, you look at the price tag. If it's a good/reasonable price, you buy it.

The couple of times I've been there, I always found a good deal on 5.56 in bulk.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Sure. It's pretty tricky and should only be attempted by seasoned professionals. What you do is walk around. When you see a price tag on a box of ammo that you want, you look at the price tag. If it's a good/reasonable price, you buy it.

The couple of times I've been there, I always found a good deal on 5.56 in bulk.
    Now I'm kinda slow,,, Is it the Ammo that I want,, or the price tag I want ??

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Ammo Jon and Shamrock always gave me great prices on ammo. I miss the good old days when they were still in the business :-(

Cal68

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom