• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I'm looking to get a mini ACOG for a lightweight build and have decided on that much. But I wanted to know if any shops have a large selection of reticles I can look through before buying? Pretty sure I'm leaning toward a TA33 but am stuck between chevron or horseshoe or red or amber. My gut was saying red chevron but with astigmatism maybe the amber won't bloom as much? I am not a green fan, tried it on other optics and hated it. So anyways I'm looking for a shop where I can look down a few and buy the one I like best.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Bump

Nobody knows a place I can go with multiple ACOGs to look at? I've called some places down here and nobody has any or only one model.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Not a green fan either. Havent noticed any ACOGs in stock anywhere in MD, but havent been looking either. Most astigmatism people say the acog is clear because it is an etched reticle. Not sure, looks crystal clear to me, but my astigmatism isnt very bad at all.

I have a TA50 3x 762 BDC red horshoe dot reticle acog.

Ill be at the appleseed event at sanners lake next weekend and it should be in my bag. My acog will be moving from MD to America at some point soon to go live with his PRMd banished SAM7.

Stephen M

Jan 20, 2013
    MoCo
    Two thoughts:

1) Trijicon's dealer locator shows some "preferred dealers" in the area. Not sure if any are IPs so I'll just point to their search:

https://www.trijicon.com/dealer-locator/

Those would be the first places I'd call.

2) The other thought is to head to one of the larger gun shows...it's been years since I've been to one, but I remember some of the tables having a bunch of demo optics laid out to inspect.

One caveat to all of this is that Trijicon's own page mentions the ongoing supply issues...it may just be that no one really does have a variety in stock right now.

Hope this helps,
    -Stephen M

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    All I can tell you is that Red ACOG is clear , with astigmatism that makes normal. Red dots unusable blurs .

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    I have a TA31F (red chevron). I also have astigmatism and it is *much* better with this scope than with my Aimpoint T1's.

YMMV.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Bass pro in Arundel mills mall had some if I recall. Not sure which models, though.

Referencing the above post, I have astigmatism as well and the T1 doesn’t work for me but the T2 looks perfect to my eyes. YMMV.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Two thoughts:

1) Trijicon's dealer locator shows some "preferred dealers" in the area. Not sure if any are IPs so I'll just point to their search:

https://www.trijicon.com/dealer-locator/

Those would be the first places I'd call.

2) The other thought is to head to one of the larger gun shows...it's been years since I've been to one, but I remember some of the tables having a bunch of demo optics laid out to inspect.

One caveat to all of this is that Trijicon's own page mentions the ongoing supply issues...it may just be that no one really does have a variety in stock right now.

Hope this helps,
    -Stephen M

Thanks but there doesn't seem to be anything less than 50 miles away for their listed shops.

All I can tell you is that Red ACOG is clear , with astigmatism that makes normal. Red dots unusable blurs .

I have a TA31F (red chevron). I also have astigmatism and it is *much* better with this scope than with my Aimpoint T1's.

YMMV.

Bass pro in Arundel mills mall had some if I recall. Not sure which models, though.

Referencing the above post, I have astigmatism as well and the T1 doesn’t work for me but the T2 looks perfect to my eyes. YMMV.

All good to hear. The ACOGs I've looked through have all been clear with no bloom so that's why I'm getting one in addition to their reputation. If a sale comes up on black friday on a TA33 with red Chevron I may just have to pull the trigger without seeing it in person first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom