• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    All y'all with the trigi HDs...do you find the extra sight height causes problems with holsters?

Do you find the front sight affords enough precision?

Is that orange/yellow bead hokey?

Howe

Howe
    Apr 27, 2010
    exMD
    Flashlight + night sight is a funny combo. Once you turn on the light, your night sight, or fiber opt will look just like an iron post, specially with the big bright white lights from the TLRs.

My current set up is TLR3 w/ TFO for night shooting for the following reason;
    - I want to be able to acquire target without give away my position, big white lights at night is like muzzle flash, it becomes a target. So night sight is used before your turn on the light!

- If I am searching around the house, a light comes handy to ID a potential target, and if its a non-threat target or low risk target, TLR is bright enough to flash them to allow me time to create some distance.

- I shoot my home defense firearm the most, so a fiber optic became a great asset shooting in daylight for quick target acquisition.

- First generation of TFO were known the fiber insert would fly off the front sight post under recoil. Some friends who had TFO on their duty firearm didn't seem to bother by this fact, because even if the fiber insert is gone, the housing still remain to act as iron post, still usable. This had been corrected by Truglo by changing it to metal housing (or some other more durable material) and fixed the problem.

So here, TFO is Fixed, easy to use during the day, it is very reliable to me at least and many others. I am not sure about the metal part, but its durable. Make sure you get a different color front to avoid the "3 green dots... which is my front" scenario.

I heard many good things about XS sights, I may try it on another range firearm. For now, I swap out Trigi to TFO on all of mine defense firearms.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    So, what about the additional height of the Triji HD sights causing holster issues? Any experience?

Also, any experience with these, with maybe a tritium insert instead of fiber optic?

eyesinpines

Mar 4, 2011
    If you're looking for a defensive rather than a target sight [which I assume you are], I recommend you look at the XS Big Dot front with their "Express" rear.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Triji HD's I have on my USP .45, I've had no problems with holsters, so far.

But, YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom