Best list of all maryland shooting events?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • six

Dec 13, 2008
    Trying to get into being a regular comp shooter. still hard to get: what organization, rules, etc. so was looking for a complete list of what is in maryland so I can see what I qualitfy for, am interested in and available for. Any such list?

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    What type of firearm? Handgun? Shotgun? Rifle? Airguns? Black powder? If pistol, are you looking for combat style shooting? Bullseye? Metallic silhouette? The same could be asked about all the other gun types as well?

Where are you in MD?

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    None that I know of. The MD Shooters and PAFOA forums have competition categories but unless the match director for those clubs puts something on there you would need to surf around to each club's website and get a look at their calendars. Otherwise you need to go to the website for the various shooting organizations, USPSA, IDPA, etc. and find the list of affiliated clubs for that discipline. But that won't get them all as many clubs have unofficial match versions of some disciplines, like MPC's Speed Steel and the PA club circuit for PA Steel.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I'm wanting to get into competitive shooting and want to observe some matches before I jump into things. I've been reading these threads pretty regularly, but it's a little difficult for a newbie to keep up with when and where all of the competition events are. Is ther anywhere on mdshooters that lists all of the competitions discussed here? The calendar only seems to list training safety classes.

thanks for any help!

Chiaroscuro

Far from the Usual
    Jun 27, 2012
    Glen Arm
    Is it possible to set up a google calendar for this? It certainly wouldn't be easy to maintain with the tons of events going on, but it sure would be nice!

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Is it possible to set up a google calendar for this? It certainly wouldn't be easy to maintain with the tons of events going on, but it sure would be nice!

Well, since there is no central list of events, it might be a major PIA to figure out what is going on, was an event canceled, etc. Go ahead and try. Just be warned, if something is wrong, someone will bitch at you because your free calendar was wrong.

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    Shameless self promotion time

Visit us at York IWLA, www.yorkpistol.blogspot.com, we do several different types of competitive action shooting, USPSA pistol and multigun, team 3 gun, non competitive pistol funshoots and trap. We are located just off of 83, 10 min north of the PA line. Its well worth the trip.

gary

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    If you're in to clay shooting you can see all of Loch Raven Skeet & Trap Center's events on our website.

http://www.lochravenskeettrap.com/

Just go to the "Events" drop box. We sponsor 5 major NSSA sanctioned shoots every year along with a Winter Skeet League.

Our next fun event will be our 2nd annual "Clays Against Cancer" charity shoot the weekend of October 6-7, 2012.

topgun1sg

Nov 28, 2007
    Westminster
    Go here for a listing of all the cowboy action clubs in the area. All have monthly shoots so you can shoot every weekend at one of the other. Probably 400 regular competitors shoot any combo of these places. They also have new shooter clinics regularly. Plus 4 annual championships are in the area
    www.wildliferangers.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom