• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HumbleEinstein

May 31, 2012
    Falls Church, VA
    I have a Glock 34 I intend to use for IDPA. It will be my first time. The only place I have ever shot it is at Gilbert's, where you have to use whatever ammo they have. I have always shot Fiochi FMJ 9mm over there. What type of ammo and grain should I use for IDPA? Also, what store or website is the best to buy from? Thanks in advance.

zeddm91/30

Oct 11, 2009
    Reliance MD
    What ever you use it has to meet power factor. I believe it you is grain x FPS to fig out you power factor. I shoot a glock 22 and all I use is federal 180g value pack from wal-mart. It has served me well and it's cheap. Good luck with your matchs it's fun :)

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    shot reloads and store bought ammo..

but if you shoot reloads.. you need to calc the power factor as stated above. (but then again.. that will be only if you compete nationally and/or depending on the club who is holding the match).

Bigpops

Open Shooters Unite!!
    Sep 30, 2010
    SoMd.
    May I suggest Atlanta Arms and Ammo, once fired (blue box), 147 grain CMJ's. Great product and at a great price, delivered to your door!

Out of a 34....nice and soft!

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    The Pro's and Master shooters I know shoot 147gr Atlanta Arms in 9mm.

For several years I shot WW of the shelf wwb 115gr, blazer brass 115gr and federal 115gr. then switched to Federal AE 147gr and had way less flyers and points down.YMMV

www.atlantaarms.com

Phoenixsm

Aug 29, 2010
    May I suggest Atlanta Arms and Ammo, once fired (blue box), 147 grain CMJ's. Great product and at a great price, delivered to your door!

Out of a 34....nice and soft!

Highly recommended! Will make minor out of a G17 as well and about $280 per 1000 rounds

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i'm not good enough to tell the difference, but the heavier-for-caliber bullets generally have lower kinetic energy which should translate into lower recoil meaning less muzzle flip and faster follow-up shots. i have been using fed americal eagle 147g fmj with my glock 34. $11 to $13/box of 50 at gun shows or online.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    If I was shooting that much a nice progressive would probably be a great idea. Better quailty at a lower price and you can tailor your load to what you like

JackBlundell

Jul 20, 2008
    If you don't reload, just buy anybody's white box 115 grain FMJ. Winchester White Box, Federal American Eagle, PMC, CCI Blazer, all run just fine in a Glock 34, and all make power factor with room to spare.

I shoot gobs of CCI Blazer through my Glock 34 and 9mm 1911. The best thing about the aluminum CCI Blazer is that it deprives the brass mongers of my brass after the match is over!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom