• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redbean

Redbean
    Jan 14, 2017
    Beltsville, Maryland
    I have on order a new Beretta PX4 Storm Full Size 9mm. Beretta has a $75 rebate until 5/31/2023. And, I bought some upgrade parts (trigger assembly, springs, etc.) in the past for a used PX4 Storm .40 that I never used.

I may be able to install these a upgrade parts myself, but who here can help?

Thanks, Redbean

Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    I’ve never disassembled my PX4 to that extent but this video is the replacement of the trigger bar for a competition upgrade - no springs are changed in this video, but you got me thinking about possibly working on my PX4. Now I’ll probably continue into this rabbit hole...

Trigger bar replacement.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Where did not get the upgraded parts? The only place I know of is out in Washington state. I sent them emails about getting some parts for mine but they never replied back.

Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    The first video looked to be the manufacturer of the new trigger bar, he’s got other videos. These are the first ones I’ve seen. I replaced my LC9s trigger after watching two videos, I had to modify the trigger safety after the replacement to make it more comfortable, but that made a huge difference in my Ruger LC9s trigger.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Langdon Tactical
    is in Mesa, AZ.
    Langdon Tactical Website

I’m not promoting these guys, this is the first I’ve seen of them, maybe someone else will chime in and give us some clues or recommendations.

Ernest Langdon is considered to be the top dog when it comes to the Beretta 92 series. Beretta sells a factory version of what he wanted in a 92, the LTT series. If you buy direct from them, it comes with additional trigger work. I own one and it is very nice.

I have no experience with the PX4 but I would not hesitate to order anything from them or follow advice given in his videos.

They are very responsive to emailed questions. I have also called them in the past with questions and they were great.

Redbean

Redbean
    Jan 14, 2017
    Beltsville, Maryland
    Thanks Guys for the Youtube vids. Here's a list of upgrade parts from Beretta. I have some, but not all of these:

* Beretta PX4 Storm Competition Trigger Group
    * Beretta PX4 Storm Solid Steel Competition Trigger
    * Beretta PX4 Assembled Safety Lever Type "92FS R.P."
    * Beretta PX4 Magazine Release Kit (3pcs) High, Medium, and Low
    * Beretta Recoil Spring Assembly with Metallic Guide Rod-Full Size PX4 9mm
    * Beretta PX4 Full Size Cam Block Special Duty/Competition
    * Beretta PX4 Storm Special Duty Spring kit
    * Beretta PX4 Series, Adjustable Rear Sight & Front Sight
    * Beretta Talon Grip PX4 Full Size Medium & Large Backstrap

I have heard of Langdon Tactical, and may still call them. But, I might try to just Youtube my way through this. There's also another PX4 Storm safety Lever that I didn't list. At a minimum, I'd like to do the trigger stuff, safety lever, mag release kit (high), recoil spring assembly, cam block, and sights. Not sure about the whole spring kit thing or the Talon grip thing?

I have OCD and pretty much just want to mess with my new Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm, right? This might be overkill?

So, if we have a local Beretta PX4 Storm expert dude on here, please help!

Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    My nature is to move slowly and methodically with firearms mods. Make a change, shoot the firearm, evaluate, then tweak the upgrade...shoot and evaluate again. My Ruger LC9s trigger mod took four range trips with slight mods after each - until I was happy with the overall change. The PX4 competition trigger group is on sale at Optics Planet for about $90

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom