• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • badburner

Dec 20, 2023
    Baltimore, MD
    Yeah, it's confusing. That's why I and others suggested contacting a competent FFL such as Tyler Firearms since you are in the B'more area. Give them the model number and see if they can get it. If they can't, ask if there are any issues with transferring a specific model number if you find it online. I've done that before with them.
    Ok I'll give them a call. I appreciate your insight.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Ok I'll give them a call. I appreciate your insight.

No problem. I've been through this dance with a couple different Rugers because they make like 300 versions of their handguns (only a slight exaggeration). Special editions, distributor exclusives and whatnot.

I would be more confident in saying you should be good if I've seen the 92x compact RDOs in shops. I go to a few dealers every so often mostly to look in the used case for odd or older stuff but I can't recall seeing any 92x whatever size new or used or I would have handled one. Not saying you're sunk or they aren't out there in MD, I just haven't run across one.

FN509Fan

Ultimate Member
    You got me curious so I pinged a very nice woman at the Maryland State Police who processes petitions for adding guns to the handgun roster that I've had a few exchanges with.

ME:
    Subject: Beretta 92X RDO FR Compact 9mm 4.25in, is a Petition needed?

Hi again Rachel,

The roster lists the following, is the entry highlighted close enough or is a petition needed?
    92X F COMPACT J92C920, N/A 9 mm
    >>92X FR COMPACT J92CR920, N/A 9 mm<<
    92X RDO FULL SIZE FR N/A 9 mm

Regards,

MSP:
    Good Morning,

I just received verification from Beretta. The manufacturer stated, "The only difference between those 2 models is the red dot sight." As such, since it is not engraved as a different model name as it appears to be engraved as 92X on the Beretta website: https://www.beretta.com/en-us/product/92x-rdo-compact-FA0047, there are no mechanical differences, and N/A includes all variations of the model, you should be good to go.

BERETTA USA 92X FR COMPACT J92CR920, N/A 9 mm

Thank you,
    =============================

So there you have it. And like I said before, if you really want that piece, make a trip down to Sportsmans Warehouse. Even if they won't let you take the magazines. You seem to have picked a gun that's in short supply so you'd better grab it while it's available.

badburner

Dec 20, 2023
    Baltimore, MD
    You got me curious so I pinged a very nice woman at the Maryland State Police who processes petitions for adding guns to the handgun roster that I've had a few exchanges with.

ME:
    Subject: Beretta 92X RDO FR Compact 9mm 4.25in, is a Petition needed?

Hi again Rachel,

The roster lists the following, is the entry highlighted close enough or is a petition needed?
    92X F COMPACT J92C920, N/A 9 mm
    >>92X FR COMPACT J92CR920, N/A 9 mm<<
    92X RDO FULL SIZE FR N/A 9 mm

Regards,

MSP:
    Good Morning,

I just received verification from Beretta. The manufacturer stated, "The only difference between those 2 models is the red dot sight." As such, since it is not engraved as a different model name as it appears to be engraved as 92X on the Beretta website: https://www.beretta.com/en-us/product/92x-rdo-compact-FA0047, there are no mechanical differences, and N/A includes all variations of the model, you should be good to go.

BERETTA USA 92X FR COMPACT J92CR920, N/A 9 mm

Thank you,
    =============================

So there you have it. And like I said before, if you really want that piece, make a trip down to Sportsmans Warehouse. Even if they won't let you take the magazines. You seem to have picked a gun that's in short supply so you'd better grab it while it's available.
    Thank you for doing this. This makes me feel a lot better about ordering online.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Hmm,
    Just when I thought I had all the guns I need/want :)

How does this 92X compact with decocker compare to the CZ Compact with decocker ??

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Hmm,
    Just when I thought I had all the guns I need/want :)

How does this 92X compact with decocker compare to the CZ Compact with decocker ??
    Size wise, the 92x compact is beefier than the 75D PCR. The CZ has better capacity.

1706822274290.png

1706822313582.png

1706822231120.png

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Size wise, the 92x compact is beefier than the 75D PCR. The CZ has better capacity.
    Handle the 75 compact, though, before lusting for it. That slide is a lot to ask for some people - the spring really means business. My wife loves her full-sized 75. But the compact is a tough sell since she really has to fight with it. Don't know if the compact Beretta inherits the buttery slide action of its bigger sibling.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    Handle the 75 compact, though, before lusting for it. That slide is a lot to ask for some people - the spring really means business. My wife loves her full-sized 75. But the compact is a tough sell since she really has to fight with it. Don't know if the compact Beretta inherits the buttery slide action of its bigger sibling.
    Is the CZ 75 compact slide still too hard to work if the hammer is manually cocked first?

Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland
    If you manually cock the hammer on the cz 75 compact (compact variants, PCR, P-01…), the slide is much easier to rack than if the hammer was not cocked. This lowers the amount of resistance to pull the slide back. But the amount of surface area to grip the slide can still be something to consider.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    If you manually cock the hammer on the cz 75 compact (compact variants, PCR, P-01…), the slide is much easier to rack than if the hammer was not cocked. This lowers the amount of resistance to pull the slide back. But the amount of surface area to grip the slide can still be something to consider.
    This. The 75D's low bore axis leave a lot less surface to grip on the sides of the slide compared to many other DA/SAs. If you're not used operating one, it's easy for fingers to "spillover" to the grip frame and introduce more resistance when racking - especially if your racking method includes a hand over the slide.

badburner

Dec 20, 2023
    Baltimore, MD
    Nothing on line at Bass Pro (Cabela's) in Hanover, supposedly there is stock at Federicksburg VA Sportsman Warehouse. If you go buy it there you can take the 13 rd magazines home and ship the gun to an FFL. There's a guy in Rockville who I think was $35 for the FFL charge. He's listed on a FFL post in this forum.

TLDR: I could purchase the firearm online but not from in-store.

I actually tried to call Sportsman Warehouse in Fredericksburg VA to see if I can come in-store and purchase the firearm, take the magazines with me, and have them ship the firearm to a MD FFL. The guy at the firearms department said that they only sell firearms to VA residents. Furthermore, he said that they do not ship out guns from in store saying that all online orders are handled by a different department and are not actually done in store.

I further contacted their online department and had asked if they were able to ship the 13 round mags to MD where an FFL could block them to 10 rounds (as it doesn't make sense to pay for firearms without mags) and they said that they are only able to ship MD legal firearms and would not be able to ship the ones with more than 10 rounds.

I might have just caught people on a bad day or something.

I was able to purchase online from OMAHA OUTDOORS and found one with 10 round mags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom