• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    After hearing so many great things about the Beretta, I ordered one and today got my first look at it. People had talked about it being as heavy as a real Beretta 92 9mm. Actually, I found it to be substantially heavier! I also was disappointed to discover that many of the moving (adjustable) parts, as well as the sights, were a poorly made plastic.

That said, I think the gun is quite decent for the price. I haven't shot the pistol yet, but I'm curious as to how many clips will go through it in one CO2 canister. Does anyone know? I also bought six canisters of pellets, the wrong kind, apparently. The first thing i read was not to use pointed pellets! Does it make a difference if the points don't protrude beyond the chambers?

The model I bought was nickel with the black grips. Does anyone have this model and, if so, what do you think?

Oh, and finally, in Montgomery County, can one shoot against a back drop in one's back yard? If not, where can one shoot? (I hope not at a range, only!). I also hope shooting in one's basement is okay. How about stop signs, speed cameras? Are those okay? :innocent0

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    The model I bought was nickel with the black grips. Does anyone have this model and, if so, what do you think?

Does yours look like this one?

web.jpg

I don't recall exactly how many of the circular magazines she will go through between CO2 recharges, but it does pretty well before velocity falls off.
    Have not found any ammo that she doesn't like, though the lighter weight pellets do hit harder (natch).

I routinely shoot mine in my back yard using a Gamo rocker pellet trap with a center reset. Beer cans work too. :D
    http://www.airgundepot.com/gamo-rocker-trap.html

airgundepot_2152_173138704

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I just got mine about two weeks ago. I shoot in the basement and outside using a Beaman trap.

So far no problems with either the pointed or the wad cutter pellets.

Gmanrules

Junior Newbie
    Nov 8, 2010
    Randallstown
    After hearing so many great things about the Beretta, I ordered one and today got my first look at it. People had talked about it being as heavy as a real Beretta 92 9mm. Actually, I found it to be substantially heavier! I also was disappointed to discover that many of the moving (adjustable) parts, as well as the sights, were a poorly made plastic.

That said, I think the gun is quite decent for the price. I haven't shot the pistol yet, but I'm curious as to how many clips will go through it in one CO2 canister. Does anyone know? I also bought six canisters of pellets, the wrong kind, apparently. The first thing i read was not to use pointed pellets! Does it make a difference if the points don't protrude beyond the chambers?

Oh, and finally, in Montgomery County, can one shoot against a back drop in one's back yard? If not, where can one shoot? (I hope not at a range, only!). I also hope shooting in one's basement is okay. How about stop signs, speed cameras? Are those okay? :innocent0

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
    I have the Beretta PX 4 Version and it is very Accurate. It feels and weighs as much as my real PX 4 9mm. Even the action simulates the slide moving. However, the CO2 air charge, I believe suffers from this simulated action. I also have the Umarex Walther CP99 (BB)Version also with the blow back. Again the life of the CO2 suffers because of it. The Crossman 1088 is fine but is just to much plastic, not a polymer feel but plastic. The charge does seem to last longer though. It's accuracy can be a little off.

Finally, I love my CX 4 storm. You can see it in my pictures area. It's the top one, in the Picture. Good luck with your Beretta. I do love Beretta from the Air guns to their handguns, carbines and shotguns.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Thanks for the replies. Mine doesn't have the extension on the front (what's it for -- just weight?), but it's very accurate. I got two revolving cylinders with the gun and three more for just south of twenty bucks. The operation is flawless and the only thing that came as a surprise was that I have to use all of the air in one sitting (or within 24 hours). If left in for an extended period, I suppose you'd get some leakage and damage to the seals.

I'm glad there's no blowback on this gun. It would be nice, but it would ultimately waste air.

Also, again, does anyone know the law for Montgomery County? Can one shoot in one's back yard or is that going to be a problem? There's all sorts of off-road places where one should be able to shoot, but of course I never assume anything in Montgomery County.

Beretta92_AirPistol_Small_Gry.jpg

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Interesting. I just noticed in the photos that the (inoperable) slide release is black. On my pellet pistol, the slide release is part of the "frame" and is nickel plated. I'd like to know whether it's a separate part on your pistols or molded as part of the frame.

I was told today that it's illegal to shoot pellets or BBs in Montgomery County. You can get a ticket and have your pistols taken. You can't even shoot on your own property! I can only guess what the laws are in D.C. Probably the death penalty!

Beretta_Nickel_2b.jpg

Taurus_Beretta_Pellet_Small.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom