• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Passing this along.

If there are any questions I can try to answer them. If you can read a tape measure, dial calipers and show up everyday the rest is pretty simple. Very laid back, informal atmosphere. It will be mostly working with myself and another person on the machining side of the shop. Look through drawings and get raw stock cut/prepped, load/unload the machines, push the broom around, check/refill coolant.

This is oriented towards a upper entry level person who likes to work with their hands and does not mind getting their hands dirty. Most of the parts we do are trainer oriented and many of them are interfacing with bent/formed sheet metal so most overall tolerances are generous (+/- .030) with more detailed features being +/- .005

We have a VF-2 and VF-3 both are SS models with the next gen control and a VF-4 with the classic control. All three machines are equipped with the Renishaw probing system.

Stonewall

Mar 16, 2022
    Deale
    Passing this along.

If there are any questions I can try to answer them. If you can read a tape measure, dial calipers and show up everyday the rest is pretty simple. Very laid back, informal atmosphere. It will be mostly working with myself and another person on the machining side of the shop. Look through drawings and get raw stock cut/prepped, load/unload the machines, push the broom around, check/refill coolant.

This is oriented towards a upper entry level person who likes to work with their hands and does not mind getting their hands dirty. Most of the parts we do are trainer oriented and many of them are interfacing with bent/formed sheet metal so most overall tolerances are generous (+/- .030) with more detailed features being +/- .005

We have a VF-2 and VF-3 both are SS models with the next gen control and a VF-4 with the classic control. All three machines are equipped with the Renishaw
    Hello my name is Will Simpson milling a machinist work is my passion and dream I I have taken many lessons on firearm manufacturing and have alot of experience with milling never have used a cnc mill just lathes drill presses routers with jigs but my skill level is high and as I said this field is what I'm passionate about I'd love to contact you and go over this more

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Notifications I thought were turned on but not so..
    Great Mills Maryland, which for all purposes Lexington Park is close enough.

One of the guys at the shop comes over from king George Va and another one from Huntingtown. They are also very experienced and the compensation they receive reflects that.
    Not trying to bash on anyone but the company is trying to do this on the cheaper end of the pay scale.. If your driving more than 45 minutes one way for this position it is probably not worth your while for the hourly pay rate they are most likely going to put on the table.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Gotta start somewhere.
    I’d hire a guy that was using his little sisters MDS account if he could do the job.
    I came in the door 11 years ago there. Not doing what I do now, with no official prior work history for what they hired me to do. I showed them a couple things during the interview that I had a clue of wtf I was doing and it was off to the races.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom