• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I have a right handed diamond marquis all set up lightly used I would sell you.

Not entry level bow but very fast and accurate.

Krinklesac

Mar 21, 2013
    stu 929 - thanks for the offer but I'm not looking to jump all the way in with a lot of money. Just want to get a feel for it first

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    best advice is go to a bunch of archery shops,find some bows in your price range and shoot them. if you find a bow that feels comfortable, research it and ask questions then. it would be impossible to pick a bow out for you.

that said, bear,mission,PSE,darton,diamond and parker make some nice beginner friendly bows. the list goes on,its up to you what fits you.

Krinklesac

Mar 21, 2013
    Franklin - Thanks I think that would be my best bet. Plus It's always good to find a new business to deal with in confidence.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Never said it would be that much money.... Just wanted to let you know I have a full set up ready to go. Likely a better bow then you would get by getting an entry level rig.

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    if you want to get into archery then be prepared to spend a lot.

That depends on your definition of alot. I know guys who don't bat an eye at dropping $1000 on a new bow every couple years. You can get a bow package for about $400, bare bow for $300 (but then you will need to buy the accs seperately), half a dozen arrows w/field points for about $50. Anything after that is pretty much a "want" vs. a need. Of course you will "want" a lot more, but that comes with time and experience.

OP, good luck with finding something you like. BTW, if you are left handed be prepared for a little longer wait.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    jefferson archery shouldnt be to far from you. they are in fredrick on main street i believe. chip is a good dude and will steer you in the rite direction and get you measured up. alot of companies do offer turn key packages now. all you would need after that is a release,arrows and field tips.

the bow stu is pushing is a nice bow! might be worth hooking up with him and see if you like it. the marquis was one of diamonds better bows before they turn into a bowtech.

Happa Haole

Happa Haole
    Nov 23, 2012
    I've seen a lot of decent bows for reasonable prices in pawn shops in prince George's and Montgomery counties. FYI

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom