• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captpuck

Dec 27, 2023
    New Jersey
    Recently purchased a cheep, Bay Silah, 12 ga semi shotgun. Haven't shot it yet. Company out of Hagerstown. Bought it at a gun show in Pa.
    It comes with three chokes. None of which, have any markings to identify them. Full, IM, ect. Tried to contact and e-mail company, no response. Does anyone have any idea which Gun manufacturers or Choke makers they match too. Thanks. Captpuck

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Maybe share an image of the chokes with dimensions of where the threads are may be noticeable to some of the shot gunners out there.

Are there any other markings on this shotgun or barrel? We’ve been down this road once before on the forum and these are imported guns so the real question is who is the manufacturer.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    No markings at all? How about on the muzzle end of the choke? Are there any small notches? Not the larger ones where a choke wrench would fit into.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    The deals seem too good to be true. Guess they are. I was really tempted by the Benelli m4 clones.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    I thought that Bay Silah was just an importer of foreign guns and ammo. Have to do some research to know exactly what you have from what country. Like someone said above check the choke tube size to match. Many of these shotguns are copies of other higher priced and brand shotguns.

Captpuck

Dec 27, 2023
    New Jersey
    Recently purchased a cheep, Bay Silah, 12 ga semi shotgun. Haven't shot it yet. Company out of Hagerstown. Bought it at a gun show in Pa.
    It comes with three chokes. None of which, have any markings to identify them. Full, IM, ect. Tried to contact and e-mail company, no response. Does anyone have any idea which Gun manufacturers or Choke makers they match too. Thanks. Captpuck
    Want to thank you all for the reply. The gun itself has no special markings Except for Bay Silah, Hagerstown on the stock. Gcs7th, thanks for the Carlson choke guide. Trying to match the chokes with what I have. Have a great New Years.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Want to thank you all for the reply. The gun itself has no special markings Except for Bay Silah, Hagerstown on the stock. Gcs7th, thanks for the Carlson choke guide. Trying to match the chokes with what I have. Have a great New Years.
    Check the receiver and barrel thoroughly these are imported and would need the makers mark it could be really small maybe under the handguard or someplace inconspicuous. I’ve even seen markings inside receivers.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    The deals seem too good to be true. Guess they are. I was really tempted by the Benelli m4 clones.
    My friend bought a panzer arms will post a review when we put it through its paces. Looks like it takes beretta/mobil chokes. Patents ran out as I understand that’s why there’s an influx of clones.

aht2131

Aug 5, 2011
    What model do you have? It looks like Bay Silah offers many different models of 12ga. Either way Gcs7th is probably right, their sources are Panzer and Daglioglu (for the AK pattern shotguns) based on the import records. So if you have one of the Panzer made one it probably does use mobil chokes.

Captpuck

Dec 27, 2023
    New Jersey
    What model do you have? It looks like Bay Silah offers many different models of 12ga. Either way Gcs7th is probably right, their sources are Panzer and Daglioglu (for the AK pattern shotguns) based on the import records. So if you have one of the Panzer made one it probably does use mobil chokes.
    It's a 12 ga semi in mossy oak. The closest Panzer would be the EG200. Tried some of my Beretta chokes, but didn't fit. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom