• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • B

Bay Silah

I went up to Oaks gun show last weekend, which was great, and got a shotgun from Bay Silah Firearms out of Hagerstown. Super excited but come to find out they gave me one with rust in it and some other major issues. I've contacted them through several methods and no reply, wondering if anyone else has had this experience with them and looking for suggestions.

Hello from Bay Silah,
    Sorry for the inconvenience you had. The rifle was brand new with milled 1040 receiver 4140 barrel with an original Turkish walnut stock which is a very high quality and a reliable rifle. The complaint that you made stated that the bolt carrier was rusted. The fact is it was coated with a high quality rust free oil. The second part you stated that the dust cover was welded and you could not open it. As we demonstrated with the same exact rifle to you in person when you returned it, in a matter of a couple seconds how simple it was to dissemble with just a simple AK dust cover button. But when I met you I realized you were a newbie in the gun world (I'm not saying that in a negative way) and I accepted your returned rifle which was in perfect condition. I fully refunded your money and made suggestion to you about which rifles are better for beginners as I try very hard to satisfy my customers and meet their individual needs. Thank you.

Yennino

Aug 6, 2022
    Parkville
    Hello from Bay Silah,
    Sorry for the inconvenience you had. The rifle was brand new with milled 1040 receiver 4140 barrel with an original Turkish walnut stock which is a very high quality and a reliable rifle. The complaint that you made stated that the bolt carrier was rusted. The fact is it was coated with a high quality rust free oil. The second part you stated that the dust cover was welded and you could not open it. As we demonstrated with the same exact rifle to you in person when you returned it, in a matter of a couple seconds how simple it was to dissemble with just a simple AK dust cover button. But when I met you I realized you were a newbie in the gun world (I'm not saying that in a negative way) and I accepted your returned rifle which was in perfect condition. I fully refunded your money and made suggestion to you about which rifles are better for beginners as I try very hard to satisfy my customers and meet their individual needs. Thank you.
    I reached out through calls that went unanswered and finally commented on your Facebook, I did get a response and you accepted a return of the shotgun, absolutely to the credit of the company. While I'm a newbie with shotguns, as I explained to you, I had more experienced friends try to open the dust cover with no luck. İt seemed the heat from the trunk on the day we met for the return ultimately loosened it. The issue, it seemed, was fixed by heat. Regarding the rust looking oil on the inside of the shotgun, could you specify the orange colored oil that you use?

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    :popcorn:
    This is getting fun, glad it was resolved to some satisfaction. Kinda wish I got to see the “rifle” in question.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    :popcorn:
    This is getting fun, glad it was resolved to some satisfaction. Kinda wish I got to see the “rifle” in question.
    There's no need for it to get "fun". The OP is obviously new to shotguns and purchased one that is more complicated than he is capable of understanding. The seller showed him the proper way to remove the cover when he returned it. All that was required was to contact the seller for resolution instead of joining an online forum to run him and his business into the dirt.

The seller has given him a full refund, which on a gun that has already been transferred to a buyer makes it a used gun as far as him reselling it, is more than I would have done. Compliments to the seller for going above and beyond.

The heat in the trunk loosened it? As Uncle Joe would say, "C'mon man!" And I've seen lubricants, grease, and cosmoline all look like rusted goop. That's exactly what it looks like in the pics. New to guns altogether?

To continue to stir the pot on something that has been resolved is Jerry Springer ghetto, to say the least.

Last edited:

Yennino

Aug 6, 2022
    Parkville
    There's no need for it to get "fun". The OP is obviously new to shotguns and purchased one that is more complicated than he is capable of understanding. The seller showed him the proper way to remove the cover when he returned it. All that was required was to contact the seller for resolution instead of joining an online forum to run him and his business into the dirt.

The seller has given him a full refund, which on a gun that has already been transferred to a buyer makes it a used gun as far as him reselling it, is more than I would have done. Compliments to the seller for going above and beyond.

The heat in the trunk loosened it? As Uncle Joe would say, "C'mon man!" And I've seen lubricants, grease, and cosmoline all look like rusted goop. That's exactly what it looks like in the pics. New to guns altogether?

To continue to stir the pot on something that has been resolved is Jerry Springer ghetto, to say the least.
    Read before you talk out of your ass or you just shilling for the company? This is an old post and thread was posted when the company was still not responding to my contact , which went on until I posted on their FB page. When they reached out and started responding, the thread here ended. According to the users on this page even, heat, or a blow dryer, could have been used to loosen the button, which i couldn't open, nor could others, though we've been able to open other similarly built guns. İt wasn't about using the proper way. After the gun sat in the hot trunk in summer for a two hour drive out to them, he did the exact same thing we had been doing but it opened, and I could open it as well then, so it's likely the heat. Absolute credit to the company for taking it back. At the time, the seller admitted giving the display model and said that that caused the hardened, dry rust-colored substance on the gun was the oil having sat out and be handled. I'm not arguing that. The topic was closed and they reopened it.

Robert2888

Nov 5, 2013
    Westmoreland,VA
    The simple fact is that while some Turkish firearms are very well made, there is a large portion of the firearms and ammo that they make for export is absolutely trash. The “gimmick” factor of a shotgun made to look like an SVD is comical really and should be more than enough for the average firearm collector or enthusiast to see straight thru.

Theoneforguns

Mar 15, 2023
    Virginia
    Well since this is the only place that mentions a bay silah shotgun all over google or youtube I’ll add my two cents . I purchased the bay silah Ak-12 and why I thought it was a great fully functioning gun I also had rust problems with it being a fresh never shot gun. I’m not gonna say I’m angry but more disappointed I didn’t check over it more myself . Besides the rust tho I had a little trouble with the gas tube and I’ve tried 3 different branded extended mags and they won’t fit only the 5 round bay silah mag fit and stay, it’s got the weirdest clip ever I don’t really know what else to say . I’d describe my shotgun as a beautiful piece of garbage . I’ll probably sell it or shoot it till it explodes . Would love too hear more bay silah experiences !!

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    That’s the problem with guns that don’t conform to a standard. Magazine compatibility and availability are two things I always consider when buying a new firearm. My minimum quantity of magazines for each firearm is (3). If it’s something I plan on shooting a lot (6+). If the firearm is not popular or military surplus buy any accessories as soon as possible because they won’t be around forever.

Theoneforguns

Mar 15, 2023
    Virginia
    It was just a shame cause the shotguns feels really well put together ( that’s Why I bought it in the first place) so I credit that too bay silah . But there mags suck and the rust problem bothers me still a little bit . I definitely will do more research on guns before I buy now . That’s why once I sell this shitty bay silah im getting a vepr 12 Molot .

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Yennino welcome, I see this is also your first post. Welcome to MD shooters. Is this your first firearm purchase too? Tell us a bit about yourself.

Usually shotguns are pretty simple so what kind of “major” issue do you have. Also rust will happen on any gun if it’s not oiled properly and some light rust will likely just disappear with some oil. Now if it’s pitted and flaking that’s a different issue. Feel free to add pictures to this forum too.

Rules to remember always inspect any purchase you make, there’s no returns on guns. Make sure you understand how it works before you leave the shop, how to operate, load, unload, clean, and disassemble the firearm safely. If you still don’t understand please seek a qualified instructor. Operate the action and trigger, make sure you hear a click.
    ^^THIS. I just will not deal with those who join just due to a problem with many never to return

ant

May 12, 2020
    It was just a shame cause the shotguns feels really well put together ( that’s Why I bought it in the first place) so I credit that too bay silah . But there mags suck and the rust problem bothers me still a little bit . I definitely will do more research on guns before I buy now . That’s why once I sell this shitty bay silah im getting a vepr 12 Molot .
    I would tell u to grab a sds vp12 from https://battlehawkarmory.com/product/sds-vepr-style-12ga-1 while they still are available. Even if you go and buy a. Spare carrier for it you'd be in it less than 500 and it will use vepr mags though bolt hold only works on the supplied mag and a few others

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom