• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    I didn't buy my AR from a MD dealer but I was wondering how dealers currently sell ARs that come from the factory with 30 round mags. Im only curious as to how pistols will we sold after October 1st since just about every pistol these days leave the factory with 2 mags that are 10+ rounds. Will dealers just take the mags out and require you to purchase smaller mags? I got a feeling that this is going to be expensive.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    We sell them ~ the mags~to buyers in free states.

Maryland buyers get legal 20 rounders (for now) in trade for the 30 rounders that get pulled.

jwhite407

Always Packing
    Jan 31, 2013
    Lower Eastern Shore
    I went to Gander (unfortunately the closest & most convenient to me). The ad had the 30rd mag, which is obviously illegal in the "Free State". Mine ended up with a single 10rd mag. The Gander Rep told me up front that when they get theirs in MD they come with the 10rd mag. I did order a few more from CTD though.

ThatGuy179

Apr 2, 2012
    Pasadena
    I went to Gander (unfortunately the closest & most convenient to me). The ad had the 30rd mag, which is obviously illegal in the "Free State". Mine ended up with a single 10rd mag. The Gander Rep told me up front that when they get theirs in MD they come with the 10rd mag. I did order a few more from CTD though.

Just drive over the line to Delaware or Va. and get you some 30s

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    When the bill goes into effect, nothing purchased in MD can have a mag larger than 10 rounds. You will get only NY approved firearms in MD or a gun without mags. Glocks come with 10 round mags already for NY and California.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Regulated AR-15's could be sold in MD today with "fixed" 30 round magazines. Wouldn't that be fun!!! Only detachable magazines are banned. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom