• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thedutchtouch

Feb 14, 2023
    Nice! I'm likely headed out tomorrow to prsp, haven't done much rifle scouting been hunting with the bow too much so no idea what I'll find. Hopefully I can get away from/not mess up anyone else, as I might walk around a bit

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    524db5ec9e53dc198fcd7d9bafa887e3.jpg

Got a fat doe this evening!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Nice

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    Number 3 for the season, she dressed out at 110#

Attachments

• IMG_0099.jpeg
      IMG_0099.jpeg
      338.3 KB · Views: 44

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    A buddy of mine shot a 7 point (around 125 lbs) with a 300blk. No exit wound and dropped within a few yards. Good transfer of energy.

My son shot a nice buck (around 175 lbs) several years ago with a .300wsm. Was very surprised to find the slug just under the skin.

Its interesting what bullets do and don't do at times....
    I've shot doe with 7.62x54r some don't exit, and some exit.
    shot some with 300winmag some exit and some don't exit.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Drove over to the lease this morning, fog was pretty dense. Got there, sat in the truck until it was light, drove back home. Couldn’t see 50 yards this morning. I’m going to give it another try this afternoon.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Between being cold for some reason and my back and knees hurting I feel miserable BUT I am out here

I let a bakers dozen slip past , to far and to thick and all appeared to be does, for about 30 minutes so I am now waiting to see what happens next lol

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Between being cold for some reason and my back and knees hurting I feel miserable BUT I am out here

I let a bakers dozen slip past , to far and to thick and all appeared to be does, for about 30 minutes so I am now waiting to see what happens next lol
    Thats exciting movement! Fingers crossed for the big one to show up,, chasing those tails!

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Thats exciting movement! Fingers crossed for the big one to show up,, chasing those tails!
    I have been staring up that hill ever since lol

The winds from the south and I am facing north so idk why those doe’s didn’t smell me, or maybe they did and just stayed barely out of my comfort zone. Who knows.

But I am hoping something comes from the east.

But if not I will have had a great day anyways !!!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Hunted exactly a day and a half all firearm season. My friend was going to allow me to hunt this afternoon, but my back went out on me this morning, so that will be a no-go.

No idea what ML season will hold for me. My back should be better by then...

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Hunted exactly a day and a half all firearm season. My friend was going to allow me to hunt this afternoon, but my back went out on me this morning, so that will be a no-go.

I hope you feel better soon

Back pain sucks and getting old is no fun

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford

hope your backs better soon, missing out on hunting time sucks. I missed out on opening rifle this year with the 24 hour bug and that's when I get mlst of my freezer doe.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    hope your backs better soon, missing out on hunting time sucks. I missed out on opening rifle this year with the 24 hour bug and that's when I get mlst of my freezer doe.
    Thanks. My back won't keep me down for long.

thedutchtouch

Feb 14, 2023
    Woods had too many pumpkins and not enough deer this AM even though I hiked about a mile and a half from the parking lot, so I aborted after the AM hunt and went back to an archery only area with my bow for the evening. Saw people every 400 yards or so on the way out. We shall see if the deer #is higher over here with no orange army.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    gdztoyz

Latest threads

Top Bottom