• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Best of luck to everyone tomorrow. Weather looks favorable, temps dropping until around 0900, early morning should be a good time. Bundle up and get ‘er done!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Best of luck to everyone tomorrow. Weather looks favorable, temps dropping until around 0900, early morning should be a good time. Bundle up and get ‘er done!
    Hear hear!

Best of luck to all. Be safe, have fun.

:beer:

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Got back from WV late today. Decided at the last minute to get out for the opener tomorrow.

Going light. No stand, just a heat-a-seat, clothing, backpack with harvesting gear, and the .350 legend. I have a high-spot in mind at the MNRA and plan to get there early and keep an eye on the bedding area I know of that's right below it.

Good luck everyone!

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Just got in the tree with my PU Sniper. Praying I get lucky with one of the nice bucks I’ve been seeing.

Hopefully I won’t have to run any poachers off the property either.

danimalw

Ultimate Member
    Northern Baltimore county, heard one shot around 7, just a fox, birds and tree rats so far, good luck everyone.
    IMG_20231125_072016514.jpg

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Took the wife to the range yesterday for final zero verification. She's sitting in the blind right now, waiting for groceries to walk by. Fingers crossed.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I did not go, as I got a cold I am recovering from and just took it easy. Heard a bunch of shots first light and it died out fast. Saw the last hunter come out of the neighbors and talked to him and he said he didn't see anything. The moon was like a blow torch last night. 4am it looks like lights on the grass in the front yard. Mid day might be better than early morning today.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I did not go, as I got a cold I am recovering from and just took it easy. Heard a bunch of shots first light and it died out fast. Saw the last hunter come out of the neighbors and talked to him and he said he didn't see anything. The moon was like a blow torch last night. 4am it looks like lights on the grass in the front yard. Mid day might be better than early morning today.
    Saw that yesterday at the end of shooting hours.

I had to look at my watch to verify shooting hours was over, it was still very bright out.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Little misadventure this morning... not my best opening day. I should amend the tree stand pole, because apparently it is possible to fall out of a ground stand.

Went to my usual spot, was still about an hour before dawn. I put my bucket seat on the ground by my tree and started sweeping away dead leaves with my boot. My spot is near the bottom of a little valley where I can watch two ridges on the left and right. The tree is near the edge of a ravine with a little creek about 5 to 6 feet below. Well, I was sweeping away the leaves and apparently there were a bunch suspended on a sticker bush and not actually on the ground, so I thought the edge of the ravine was about a foot further out than it actually was.

Yep, over I went, 5 ft down into the creek. Sore back, sore leg, but fortunately I didn't crack my mellon. Got soaked and had to spend 10 mins in the creek looking for my glasses. When I got out, I was going to tough it out and at least wait until sunrise, but fortunately I decided to check the bore of my rifle (which went in the river with me)... yep lots of mud in the barrel so my morning was done.

When I got home, I took off my outerwear on the back deck and an hour later when I went to bring it in, it was pretty much frozen stiff... so I'm glad I didn't stick it out. This was a spot that I've hunted 100 times, and that misstep never should have happened, but it did.

And to answer the age old question... if a Dr.M. falls in the woods, does he make a sound.... yes, he does... a damed loud one. Be safe.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Itzbizitz

Latest threads

Top Bottom