• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Sounds like some form of masochism!
    I know right?

So far, I am seeing plenty of deer and haven't spooked either of the two big bucks I've seen. I'm in no hurry...

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Too many hunters around for me to pass them all. The eight I shot in early muzzle, I thought about passing, but he'd be dead under someone else's gun if I let him go.

If he's got 8, its off to freezer camp!

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Lol. Probably right.
    I'm after the big ten that we let walk two years ago. He was a shooter last year but never gave me a shot. I have no idea if he made it through last season or not, but he is my goal for now.
    That’s why I still like my cameras. I can see who made it and what’s new. I’ll let others hunt for their perfect deer while I’ll focus on an old past his peak low scoring hard ass. Don’t get me wrong though I also relish hunting new ground with zero idea of what’s in play.
    Good luck!
    I should have my first sit this afternoon.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That’s why I still like my cameras. I can see who made it and what’s new. I’ll let others hunt for their perfect deer while I’ll focus on an old past his peak low scoring hard ass. Don’t get me wrong though I also relish hunting new ground with zero idea of what’s in play.
    Good luck!
    I should have my first sit this afternoon.
    Good luck to you this afternoon!

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Watched a nice 8 point chase a big doe across the field while I was feeding cattle. He pushed her into the woodline behind our pond which is precisely where I have a ladderstand setup. Shame I wasn't sitting in it.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I must be crazy. I just let a big 9 point walk under my stand!! Lol
    crazy indeed...
    Too many hunters around for me to pass them all. The eight I shot in early muzzle, I thought about passing, but he'd be dead under someone else's gun if I let him go.

If he's got 8, its off to freezer camp!
    Thats similar here...saw a few bucks last year. None this year other than a little button buck.

But i know theres more bucks around or there wouldnt be yearlings. Theres a big acreage down the road from me, i think they shoot a lot of deer even though they dont day so.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Home sweet home
    IMG_9356.jpeg
    IMG_9357.jpeg

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Deer are moving very well this morning. 4 does and 4 bucks so far, including a nice 8 point that stood 15 yards from my stand and snort/weazed. I passed on him. Needs another year.
    We were like twins yesterday then. I got a late start and spooked up a nice 8 on my way in, but he made his way back an hour later and sat in front of me for 20 minutes, along with a spike. Then he spotted some does up the hill and trotted off after them. Good hunt. Didn't get out today (and won't tomorrow), but maybe I'll sit for a bit Sunday. Lots of movement right now.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Missed the last couple of days due to work. Heading out tomorrow. The bigger mountain bucks are starting to act stupid. Late afternoon appearance by this guy a couple of hours ago. Hoping "neck roast" makes an appearance tomorrow, but obviously not counting on it.

Big boy.jpeg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I passed on another nice 3 y.o. 8 point yesterday morning. I'm seeing plenty of nice bucks, just not one I want to pull the trigger on yet. I'll be back in the tree next week, looking for a 4 y.o. or better.

I won't be as picky, come gun season.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Two weeks ago I passed up the last day of muzzleloader to take the wife and kids to fair hill for the MD 5 star (kids made wife miserable so it was a double mistake) and a nice 8 shows in daylight.

This week, we had the option of coming to my inlaws Wednesday night or today. We chose today. I hunted Wednesday evening. Naturally the 10 point I've been watching for weeks that hasn't shown in daylight, shows up at 8am.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231104_105839_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20231104_105839_Gallery.jpg
      135.3 KB · Views: 50
    • Screenshot_20231104_103230.jpg
      Screenshot_20231104_103230.jpg
      98.5 KB · Views: 51

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    Does anyone happen to have a tracking dog in the DMV area? I just double lunged a buck (or so I thought), but the blood trail died pretty quickly after starting strong. It was only a couple drops every few yards, and but now I can't find any.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Two weeks ago I passed up the last day of muzzleloader to take the wife and kids to fair hill for the MD 5 star (kids made wife miserable so it was a double mistake) and a nice 8 shows in daylight.

This week, we had the option of coming to my inlaws Wednesday night or today. We chose today. I hunted Wednesday evening. Naturally the 10 point I've been watching for weeks that hasn't shown in daylight, shows up at 8am.
    Bummer!

Hopefully they show up again while you're there. Typical cat and mouse game.

Just another reason I hate trail cams. Shit like that will make you old. :lol:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Does anyone happen to have a tracking dog in the DMV area? I just double lunged a buck (or so I thought), but the blood trail died pretty quickly after starting strong. It was only a couple drops every few yards, and but now I can't find any.
    You can try @Derwood

He's in Virginia

If he stopped bleeding, he'll probably survive. If it wasn't a 'deer of a lifetime', I wouldn't waste the $. But that's just me...

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Had a nice 8 come in last night after I had already taken a doe - when I drew my peep twisted and my sight picture was a blur. Let down to fix and he took off. New strings in July guess they still have some stretch in them?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Had a nice 8 come in last night after I had already taken a doe - when I drew my peep twisted and my sight picture was a blur. Let down to fix and he took off. New strings in July guess they still have some stretch in them?
    One hundred shots...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dylanearp5

Latest threads

Top Bottom