• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Thanks. I usually do the same too.and when I did that, nothing came out the touch hole (which I had tweaked for better ignition). When nothing came out (use 2f for main charge) I knew I screwed myself with bore butter at end of last season (when I had yet another miss,on a deer).

So much to learn and remember with the flinter compared to my boring but so dependable inline.

I shoot it just enough to remind me I need to focus on flinter and try to remember all of its quirks. Fun but frustrating too
    Well, like you say, have fun.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    FB_IMG_1698622329932.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Well tomorrow is looking real good. Winds will die down(at least I hope they do) and there will be a nice chill in the air. A perfect day to kick off my deer season. It was a day like that two years ago, Nov 1, 2021, when I took a nice 8 point on my first set.

Last year, I suffered from the little bucks curse. I'm hoping for a better showing this year. :fingerscrossed:

2021 deer.jpeg

11/1/2021

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Well tomorrow is looking real good. Winds will die down(at least I hope they do) and there will be a nice chill in the air. A perfect day to kick off my deer season. It was a day like that two years ago, Nov 1, 2021, when I took a nice 8 point on my first set.

Last year, I suffered from the little bucks curse. I'm hoping for a better showing this year. :fingerscrossed:

View attachment 438610

11/1/2021
    I was hoping today would work out but I may also have to start my season tomorrow.

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    Well, my son has opened the Jeep season this morning in NC. Steel bumper got some minor damage, one fog light was lost. It was a nice 8-pt buck as he said.
    bumped a doe with my Camry yesterday morning right at the Conowingo Dam gate, no damage to my car and she probably just got bruised because she did a 180, got right back up, and ran off on all 4.

View attachment 438610

11/1/2021
    damn that's a nice buck

WHBD

Oct 4, 2023
    Crownsville
    Got back into bow hunting this year after about 10 years of primarily focusing on coyotes. Have to admit I’m bitten hard again.

Got this cool buck the day after the opener on public. The sweat and chiggers felt worth it. Couple does so far too.

Attachments

• 22AC1660-2220-4CD6-B491-CB1CC14717AE.jpeg
      22AC1660-2220-4CD6-B491-CB1CC14717AE.jpeg
      549.6 KB · Views: 73

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Got back into bow hunting this year after about 10 years of primarily focusing on coyotes. Have to admit I’m bitten hard again.

Got this cool buck the day after the opener on public. The sweat and chiggers felt worth it. Couple does so far too.
    Very nice buck. Couple days sooner and I bet the velvet would have been fully intact.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD

Congrats. Bow on public is impressive.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Deer are moving very well this morning. 4 does and 4 bucks so far, including a nice 8 point that stood 15 yards from my stand and snort/weazed. I passed on him. Needs another year.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

Nice, congrats!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This is how you say, next year, I didn't shoot any bucks last year. :D Also, the hunter on the next door property thanks you.
    Lol. Probably right.
    I'm after the big ten that we let walk two years ago. He was a shooter last year but never gave me a shot. I have no idea if he made it through last season or not, but he is my goal for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dylanearp5

Latest threads

Top Bottom