• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    948D955B-66A4-49FF-A46F-D60544D7DD0A.jpeg

Just shot a nice 8 point 120+/- yards away on the old #4 hole with my PU Sniper. My Dad’s on the other side of the hill so I haven’t been able to go down and get him yet. Deer still all over the place so I don’t want to mess him up.

Beautiful morning today.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Cold and quiet

Only 7 guys showed up to hunt counting me and i barely count.

Soon enough hunters will be extinct like cave men and dinosaurs

Good luck to everyone out there today

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    View attachment 389605
    Just shot a nice 8 point 120+/- yards away on the old #4 hole with my PU Sniper. My Dad’s on the other side of the hill so I haven’t been able to go down and get him yet. Deer still all over the place so I don’t want to mess him up.

Beautiful morning today.
    That awesome, Dan! You and I have spoken about hunting with our PU snipers before. I almost grabbed mine last night, but took the 45/70 instead. I wanted to see what my own hollow point cast bullet handload would do.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Shoo some of those does over to my side of Park Mills will ya? Haven't seen anything but birds and squirrels. There haven't even been that many gunshots over here, or even across the river.
    Hahaha, will do. Yeah, it's been pretty quiet out here so far.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I just pulled Ole Betsy out.
    I'm going to sit in a little piece of woods tonight and bow hunt maybe, then see what's happening.

Was talking too someone I know last night about leasing a big piece of land(s) here in the county.
    Seems the bunch in there now aren't interested, or cannot effectively clear it up for the wildlife damage thats going on for crops.
    Might need to get a few together to help pay if I explore it any further or he comes back to me.
    I might be interested, let me know if you hear more.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I've heard six shots already around my house. All private land, so I would say that's pretty good pressure and/or good success.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Had a cowhorn spike pose for me for 30 minutes while hanging with a button. Nothing worth waking the neighbors up over. The most shooting i've heard in years. A few got their shots in before legal by 10 minutes.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Had a cowhorn spike pose for me for 30 minutes while hanging with a button. Nothing worth waking the neighbors up over. The most shooting i've heard in years. A few got their shots in before legal by 10 minutes.
    Surprising since it's a baby brand new moon. So dark out early. Most of the time I hear shots before legal light are days where it is a full or nearly full moon that is still up close to dawn. I think the record I heard was about 30 minutes before first light. Honestly for most stuff that is more than a few minutes before, I chalk that up to some moron who was walking through the woods with one chambered and touched it off. Or someone sitting around finger banging their trigger in the dark. The ones a few minutes before feels a lot more like they don't bother to look at their watch. Or don't care.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Hopefully more than just these 2 knuckle heads for the evening shift.

Attachments

• T__00004.JPG
      T__00004.JPG
      37.6 KB · Views: 79

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Just a thought for everyone thinking about heading home for lunch. My last 6 deer have all been shot between 10 am and 3pm.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Nice morning to be out. Four spikes and a smallish 6 pt wandered by this AM. They all got passes. Plenty of shots to be heard this AM, most of them down in the valley.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Pulled him out a few hours ago. Only ran about 20 yards away from where I hit him.

Decent 8 point. I’m lucky enough to be able to hunt a big enough property with an abundance of deer, but if I didn’t get him, somebody else would’ve.

Attachments

• F5FF4585-CD6F-4DE7-BAF0-F249EBE5AAF9.jpeg
      F5FF4585-CD6F-4DE7-BAF0-F249EBE5AAF9.jpeg
      533 KB · Views: 74
    • 1A8905CE-DB1D-497A-9EFF-24EB2D0B7209.jpeg
      1A8905CE-DB1D-497A-9EFF-24EB2D0B7209.jpeg
      747.1 KB · Views: 77

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members