Baltimore Sun Urges Gun Dealers they " can release after 7 days"!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Yea, I responded to that article via their web site; they won't like it, but my response was factual, not liberal.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    It's so fun twisting intent of statements just like those scumbags do.:lol::lol:

They say in their own words though," Under state law, dealers can release the guns after waiting seven days."

Why do I still not have my AR I did paperwork on mid April?????

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-guns-criminal-records-20130801,0,5640815.story
    Cuz your gun shop don't go nowhere near Aintree. Maybe they should push MSP to do their job or turn NICS over to the dealers.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Article said no one has been charged. WHAT!? Why not? Why weren't they arrested when the cops retrieved the guns?
    Oh, that's no fun, would require actual work, and clog our court systems. :sarcasm:

It is much better to go to the liberal MSM, whine like babies, and hope to drum support for more draconian measures during the next GA session.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Did add some interesting numbers to this incarnation.

500/ 70,000 rejected. Doesn't mention how many of those could have been found within 3 min by NICS, and how many were from the magical other 15 databases ?

SmithWesson66

Feb 28, 2009
    Article said no one has been charged. WHAT!? Why not? Why weren't they arrested when the cops retrieved the guns?

Probably because there is a good chance they broke no laws. Unless they knowingly lied on their application. They filled out an application. The dealer sent it to the police for a background check. The police didn't do their required check within 7 days, and the dealer legally released the firearm. This is 100% MD's fault and the article should have been about how their idiotic policies and incompetence caused these people to get guns COMPLETELY LEGALLY(assuming they didn't lie on the app).

Also, I love how they complain they only have 5 people to do these background checks. It there are 75-80k applications as they claim, and we know they charge $10 per application, that is $750-800k. Maybe they should use some of that $800k they charge to hire new people to process these, no? That would make too much sense though. I sure there would be a backlog on application for those jobs if they existed anyway.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Probably because there is a good chance they broke no laws. Unless they knowingly lied on their application. They filled out an application. The dealer sent it to the police for a background check. The police didn't do their required check within 7 days, and the dealer legally released the firearm. This is 100% MD's fault and the article should have been about how their idiotic policies and incompetence caused these people to get guns COMPLETELY LEGALLY(assuming they didn't lie on the app).

Also, I love how they complain they only have 5 people to do these background checks. It there are 75-80k applications as they claim, and we know they charge $10 per application, that is $750-800k. Maybe they should use some of that $800k they charge to hire new people to process these, no? That would make too much sense though. I sure there would be a backlog on application for those jobs if they existed anyway.

Giving false information on the application is a crime punishable by up to 3 years. The dealer followed the law, the applicant MIGHT have given false information?

"trying to agree with post, does not read right though?"

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I really do wonder why these 30 people came back prohibited?

I also wonder about the other databases that MSP checks, and if some of those other databases are actually an infringement on people's 2nd Amendment Rights. Think I have heard on here that people have been disapproved because of child support in arears, unpaid traffic citations, etc. Does that sort of stuff make a person prohibited? Honestly, if that sort of thing is going on, it is only a matter of time before disapproved comes back for returning a library book late.

I am going to have to delve a little deeper into this 17 database BS and see exactly what they are checking and what they are coming back with disapproved on. It really would be wonderful to know if these 30 people were Disapproved because they are convicted felons or if it was for some other reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom