• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I had a client of mine send me the article this morning. Quite sad.

This is the rich providing security for themselves that the police cannot provide and the poor cannot afford. I really do feel sorry for the poor, law abiding citizens, that live in these crime infested areas without the means to move. Ironically, the rich are hiring off duty law enforcement to provide these services. So, where law enforcement is not doing its job to begin with, the officers get to make out like bandits by protecting the rich while they are off duty.

This really is a travesty.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I had a client of mine send me the article this morning. Quite sad.

This is the rich providing security for themselves that the police cannot provide and the poor cannot afford. I really do feel sorry for the poor, law abiding citizens, that live in these crime infested areas without the means to move. Ironically, the rich are hiring off duty law enforcement to provide these services. So, where law enforcement is not doing its job to begin with, the officers get to make out like bandits by protecting the rich while they are off duty.

This really is a travesty.

It is sad but the "rich" are also protecting the "poor" who live and work in that area. Better to have at least some area of the city better protected rather than the entire city given over to the thugs.

I'm not sure it's a matter of law enforcement not doing their job but rather a matter of staffing. Obviously the police can't be everywhere so these folks have hired supplemental forces if you will. As far as the off duty officers making out like bandits, ask any LEO who works a security detail as a side job. Most of these guys are just feeding their family and putting their kids through college like everyone else.

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    It is sad but the "rich" are also protecting the "poor" who live and work in that area. Better to have at least some area of the city better protected rather than the entire city given over to the thugs.

I'm not sure it's a matter of law enforcement not doing their job but rather a matter of staffing. Obviously the police can't be everywhere so these folks have hired supplemental forces if you will. As far as the off duty officers making out like bandits, ask any LEO who works a security detail as a side job. Most of these guys are just feeding their family and putting their kids through college like everyone else.

Very true. Officers are spending a lot of time in the crime infested neighborhoods because they keep getting calls there for barking dogs, kids playing ball in the alley and the bad stuff too like shootings, CDS, robbery etc. They are spread too thin to be effective in all areas of the city. It's sad, but true.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...620_1_overtime-budget-overtime-costs-officers

Yeah, not entirely the law enforcement offiers' fault. The police administration and government cannot get its act together once again.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/blog/2009/03/baltimore_police_overtime_at_b.html

Among the highest overtime earners are 36 police officers and one firefighter who took home more than the mayor during at least one of the past three years for which data was available. One officer earned $173,791; another made $153,160. The mayor's salary has risen from $125,000 to $151,700 the last three years.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...pher-thomaskutty-councilwoman-belinda-conaway

They must be eating pretty good on a salary of $173,791, and that does not include part-time work elsewhere like bars, neighborhoods, etc.

End of the day, the city itself is just retarded. The Mayor makes $150,000 for doing a crap job. One of the articles quotes that the amount of overtime being spent by the police to fill vacant spots is not sustainable. I did a study on this back in the mid 90's and even with benefits, it is still less costly to hire another person than it is to pay for overtime. Just read through those articles and think about where Baltimore is headed.

I also doubt that any security in Little Italy will be going outside of Little Italy to the areas around it that look like a crap hole. I used to hang out around there in the 90's at a couple of bars. Once you cross over eastern and somewhere just to the west of Little Italy, the place is a disaster. Do you think the security force hired by Little Italy is really taking a stroll over there to make sure things are alright? Do you think they are making arrests in these crap holes? If so, who is paying for their time that night to do the paperwork? Do you think the store owners in Little Italy want them spending any time in those areas versus right in Little Italy?

A study commissioned by the city shows that it is en route to bankruptcy.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/06/city-baltimore-is-on-path-to-financial-ruin-report-says/

Over the next 10 years, Baltimore will accumulate budget deficits of $2 billion. Its entire operating budget for a single year is $2.2 billion. So, either you raise taxes by 10% right now, which I doubt can happen, you reduce services by 10%, or you just cut off ALL government service in the 10th year.

So, what is going to turn Baltimore around?

Watch out Detroit, make room for Baltimore. However, it will be a much safer place where the criminals will NOT have firearms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom