• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I sold a Winchester 75 rifle and an old Stevens Springfield 22 rifle. Saw a pretty good number of Parker shotguns,,,,some for OK prices....but I didn't try to bargain. Also, quite a few decent Elsies in various conditions and prices, I saw a nice Merkel SxS and the same guy had a recent vintage Winchester 101 almost pristine, 10 Winchokes and a case for what I thought a very good price. My buddy was very close to springing for it, but then backed off. Not sure why. The price was good enough that if I didn't have some specifics in mind I might have jumped on it. Doc was there with his old revolvers including a few Single Action Army revolvers. I was pretty intrigued by an 1894 Colt revolver in 38 and if I knew more about it up front, I might have bargained for it. Also. saw a few (very few) pre WW II Drillings and Cape Guns which is what I'm really after. Prices on a couple of them were decent. There was a Cogswell and Harrision Drilling that had something like $1950 on it and the owner said he'd take $1800 for it. However, I'd rather have a Drilling with a rifle barrel that I can find ammo for. That was, however, an excellent price.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I am pretty happy with my purchase and the price. Wasn't a bargain, but the seller did knock 20% off. If I'd had more $$ I would have walked with a 1903 Pedersen too.

Will post pics of the 1884 in another thread.

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    I was not impressed with this show compared to this show I attended 4 years ago. I saw some nice items and hung out with some friends that I hadn't seen in a while.

Oh and as far as prices are concerned. I am not paying $650 for an RC K98k with no bluing and the markings peened. My buddy countered with a more than fair offer of $450 and the dealer was like "Nah, can't go any lower than $600." I guess there is a sucker born every day, but thankfully it wasn't anyone in my crowd.

On the flip side, I saw a lot of Gew.98s still in their WW1 condition, with the Lange sights. Probably the most I have ever seen under one roof, along with the aforementioned T-Gewehrs.

Funny, I set down a K98 with no bluing and markings peened for $300 I think. The lady at the table said it was a friends that needed money for a divorce. I ended up leaving empty handed but considered:
    1. K98 CAI import no bluing, peened - $300
    2. K98 relic rebuild? Matching receiver barrel and bolt in bad pitted condition matched with a decent stock and other matched to themselves bits- $350 I think, didn't make an offer.
    3. Remington Mosin in rough shape- $250 down from $275.

Nothing really made me want to pry open the wallet and hell, my dad was the one buying. He seemed like he just wanted to buy something and I was the voice of reason. We are usually in the reversed roles.

ETA- Forgot Dad picked up a Jap Type 38 for $140 on Saturday when I didn't go with him.

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    Funny, I set down a K98 with no bluing and markings peened for $300 I think. The lady at the table said it was a friends that needed money for a divorce. I ended up leaving empty handed but considered:
    1. K98 CAI import no bluing, peened - $300
    2. K98 relic rebuild? Matching receiver barrel and bolt in bad pitted condition matched with a decent stock and other matched to themselves bits- $350 I think, didn't make an offer.
    3. Remington Mosin in rough shape- $250 down from $275.

Nothing really made me want to pry open the wallet and hell, my dad was the one buying. He seemed like he just wanted to buy something and I was the voice of reason. We are usually in the reversed roles.

ETA- Forgot Dad picked up a Jap Type 38 for $140 on Saturday when I didn't go with him.

Interesting, was this on Sunday? We were there Saturday AM. Maybe some of the dealers decided they actually wanted to make a sale and adjusted their prices accordingly.

Also, at the recent York show, I saw much better condition RC/import marked K98ks going for the same prices $350-400. It is what it is though.

Last edited:

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    Interesting, was this on Sunday? We were there Saturday AM. Maybe some of the dealers decided they actually wanted to make a sale and adjusted their prices accordingly.

Also, at the recent York show, I saw much better condition RC/import marked K98ks going for the same prices $350-400. It is what it is though.

Yes, I went on Sunday. My dad bought his rifle on Saturday. I know what you mean about RC prices. I have a harder time paying more for a rifle in worse shape than ones I have. That's why I walked away, otherwise I end up like last year finding a K98 in my safe that I forgot I bought. I had to look through receipts and had no recollection of buying it. I figured that was the best K98 deal and I didn't need another one.

tarbucket

May 3, 2011
    Harford County
    I went Saturday after a stint at work. I really enjoyed the exhibits, wish they had more.
    I did spot an VZ 52/57 on a table with no price towards the back left corner in the larger room. Asked the vender, "$1200", vender said one went higher on gunbroker. Thanked him politely and moved on. For me, definitely worth the admission fee from an educational and historical perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom