• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Since folks are having issues with baby formula and items, i realize maybe a bit late to the game but what are some baby foods and stuff for a mom that is not breast feeding?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Sweetheart, you are going to need to pop, the titty out. It's just safer and easier.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I would encourage folks to bring ideas for babies besides breast milk what can babies have if the market dries up ? Please add and make this a data base for ideas.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    There have been some 1950’s recipes floating around. I think it’s like cow’s milk + Karo syrup. I have two grandchildren right now who are nursing and one needs a little supplement with formula. First ingredient in the formula was corn syrup solids. Sounds awful.
    People the kids know who have bottle fed infants are losing their minds over the formula shortage.
    Also for anyone as loony as me, you’ll be happy to know that Bill Gates has invested in a company that is trying to develop artificial breast milk. Makes sense since he invested in vaccines before the pandemic and has gobbled up farmland ahead of the impending food shortage. Timing is everything I guess.

Bornwinner

Mar 31, 2017
    Maryland
    Since folks are having issues with baby formula and items, i realize maybe a bit late to the game but what are some baby foods and stuff for a mom that is not breast feeding?

PET milk it’s very cheap every grocery store has it and it’s a substitute for formula

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Go to the Hispanic section of Wally World. There is always plenty if Nido (Nestle formula) there. WM in Denton last night was fully stocked with it.

They also had tons of evap and condensed milk.

You can also buy bulk milk powder at BJ's/Sam's/WM.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I would encourage folks to bring ideas for babies besides breast milk what can babies have if the market dries up ? Please add and make this a data base for ideas.
    Formula. That’s basically it.

Before formula the options were community feeding (neighbor, family member, or friend who is breast feeding and helps feed your kid) or animal milk and malnutrition and possibly death.

Animal milk is not a suitable supplement for formula or breast milk and you cannot realistically add the nutrients something like cows milk would need to be equivalent to formula.

Infants cannot be weaned completely from formula or breast milk prior to about a year without malnutrition problems. Maybe by around 9 months. But that would still be concerns.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Here are a couple recipes for baby formula:

Emphasis on EMERGENCY. It is not nutritionally equivalent to formula or breast milk. Do not feed a baby that unless formula and breast milk are not an option at all. It will eventually introduce malnutrition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom