• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fogman

My 10yr old son has been shooting a recurve with 4-H Bullseye for the last year. When he started he wanted his own bow. We told him to wait and save his gift money/ allowance and if he was still shooting after 1 year we would make the trip up to Lancaster Archery and he could buy a bow.
    Well we made the trip yesterday afternoon. Walked in and we were immediately helped at the counter. They put together a recurve for him, set up three different rests and tweaked them until we found one that worked. Set up a plunger, sight and set the nocking point. Allowed him to shoot to make sure everything worked for him. Picked out arrows and had him select fletching colors and ordered a dozen. We spent 3 hours setting everything up and checking it out and the salesman was enthusiastic and attentive the entire time.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    LAS rocks.. they are the only shop I buy items from, period.. I have been patronizing them for many years now.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    My 10yr old son has been shooting a recurve with 4-H Bullseye for the last year. When he started he wanted his own bow. We told him to wait and save his gift money/ allowance and if he was still shooting after 1 year we would make the trip up to Lancaster Archery and he could buy a bow.
    Well we made the trip yesterday afternoon. Walked in and we were immediately helped at the counter. They put together a recurve for him, set up three different rests and tweaked them until we found one that worked. Set up a plunger, sight and set the nocking point. Allowed him to shoot to make sure everything worked for him. Picked out arrows and had him select fletching colors and ordered a dozen. We spent 3 hours setting everything up and checking it out and the salesman was enthusiastic and attentive the entire time.
    I can't sing the praises of LAS loud enough.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Knight41

Feb 16, 2016
    Looks like I have a new spot to check out! Thanks for the info. Glad it was a good experience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom