• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulMcPaul

Jul 26, 2022
    Severn, MD
    Hello, I've been wanting to get one of the Auto Ordnance Thompson rifles for a while and have a question I can't seem to find a clear answer for. The 14.5" and 16.5" barrel versions are banned in MD, but the pistol versions are not. What I can't seem to find a clear answer to is whether or not the 10.5" SBR version is banned or not (specifically the T1SB model). The gun shop I've spoken to a few times said they aren't sure and I did file a review request with the police (which can apparently take up to 45 days). So I figured this might be a good place to ask if anyone has any knowledge on this.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Hello, I've been wanting to get one of the Auto Ordnance Thompson rifles for a while and have a question I can't seem to find a clear answer for. The 14.5" and 16.5" barrel versions are banned in MD, but the pistol versions are not. What I can't seem to find a clear answer to is whether or not the 10.5" SBR version is banned or not (specifically the T1SB model). The gun shop I've spoken to a few times said they aren't sure and I did file a review request with the police (which can apparently take up to 45 days). So I figured this might be a good place to ask if anyone has any knowledge on this.
    IMHO, if it’s a pistol (with no stock), see the Handgun Roster. Auto Ordnance pistols here-

A6A3AE55-662F-4776-9833-2B302B3B9B53.png
    A6A3AE55-662F-4776-9833-2B302B3B9B53.png

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'm not interested in the pistol version, I'm specifically asking about the SBR because I want it with the stock.
    Call Duffy’s. They do a lot of class 3.

Other option: Get a pistol and do an eForm 1. You’ll have to buy a stock, but you’ll get your stamp back really fast.

PaulMcPaul

Jul 26, 2022
    Severn, MD
    I can try giving them a call tomorrow, but it doesn't look like they're on Auto Ordnance 's dealer list. And from what I've seen, it is very difficult to add the stock to the pistol receiver and have it fit properly or look right

Last edited:

PaulMcPaul

Jul 26, 2022
    Severn, MD
    Ok, I missed that in your screenshot. Probably should actually read the whole thing rather than a quick skim. I guess follow up question to that is does that approval only apply to the M1 variant or also the T1? I would sort of assume so based on the ", N/A" in the Model Number column, but you know what they say about assuming. It's not too much of a hassle to order the vertical grip after the fact, though it would save over $100 to get it already attached, plus I prefer the look of the compensator on the T1 version

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom