• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bjmsam

The Skeptic
    Psychiatrist warned campus police about Aurora shooter a month before mass murder

the mass shooting in Aurora that killed 12 and injured 70 more could have been prevented by law enforcement.
    The prosecution had tried to keep these records sealed, and it’s not difficult to see why.
    Holmes didn’t just flip out shortly before the murder, and police had ample warning of the danger he presented.
    this information has remained under seal while Colorado politicians insisted that it was the guns that created the unforeseen danger of mass murder.

Now we find that the Aurora, CO, shooter could have been stopped in advance, and nobody would have died, if police had merely done their job after being alerted by the shooter's psychiatrist. But the police failed to do their job, and people died as a result. So...let's restrict the gun rights of the law-abiding? Excuse me?

If the anti-gun crusaders were honest, this vindication of the NRA's position -- that mass shootings are primarily a mental health issue -- would be a very big deal indeed. But they aren't honest, instead using events like Aurora as helpful for advancing their perennial anti-gun agenda. They couldn't care less about the true meaning and implications of any particular shooting incident, but only about pushing their gun-phobic regulatory demands. Being purposefully ignorant and entirely emotion-driven, they are impervious to evidence or counter-argument.

45-70

Jan 23, 2013
    North Central MD
    Makes one get the impression that certain government authorities.......do very little to prevent this from happening. First empty the asylums, then plea bargain gun charges, don't build more prisons to create overcrowding and early release, create gun free zones, ignore mentally unstable/troubled people - if fact protect them from scrutiny. It's almost as if they are encouraging a climate that is ripe for carnage. All to further promote their agenda?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Ignorance, fear, and a basic misunderstanding of human nature and the existence of evil all combine to form the so-called liberal mindset.

That's not to say that sociopathic politicians are not capable of using these factors to influence events, but I don't see a conspiracy, just opportunism and the usual mix of people who gravitate toward public office. Remember, some of them areactually Good Guys; admittedly, many are not.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    That reminds me of the stories I've heard about Maryland police refusing to do anything when gun dealers alert them to attempted straw purchasers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom