• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Now, now, it may not be a piece of sh*t. It could also be a sh*t stain, a sh*t puddle, or a steaming pile of sh*t. Sh*t comes in many different physical forms.
    This?

A96188D8-9D5F-4F43-8CF5-9B248D91FE0C.jpeg

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    We are all waiting for September, or December.

Seriously, how does this process work? What happens in September? Then what?
    Around Sep 23, the 90 day clock runs out on the first HGP applications based solely on the NYSRPA v Bruen case, so MSP must approve or disapprove any that haven't been decided.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    We are all waiting for September, or December.

Seriously, how does this process work? What happens in September? Then what?
    Lots of people just need to take a breath.

If I am not mistaken, Call v. Jones deals with CCW in Maryland and it was being held pending the Bruen decision. The Bruen decision has come down and now the Call v. Jones case is moving forward. I have no idea where the case is in the process, but if it was being held pending the Bruen decision, my guess is discovery is finished and the only issue is the merits. Probably a case that can be resolved on Summary Judgment at this point without an actual trial. If Maryland does not change Public Safety 5-306 to make the case moot, then I suspect the District Court will either strike down all of Public Safety 3-506 or strike the portion that requires good & substantial. If the District Court upholds 5-306, then I guess we are on to the 4th Circuit.

As I understand it, the Bianchi case pertains to the "assault weapon" ban. In Kolbe, the US District Court Judge relied on the intermediate scrutiny standard, which is rather lax as to the State having to prove the reasoning for the infringement, when she determined that FSA2013 was Constitutional. Our side argued that the strict scrutiny standard should be applied, but she did not side with us. Now, after Bruen, there is no more strict scrutiny or intermediate scrutiny test, which was the second step of the process. Now, whether a law is Constitutional or not hinges on historical analysis. Heller states that common firearms are protected by the 2nd Amendment. Now, without the second step in the process, I am extremely hopeful that Bianchi will not be another Kolbe at the US District Court level, but if it is, that it will be overturned by the 4th Circuit, and if not overturned by the 4th Circuit that SCOTUS will provide additional clarification on what firearms are protected by the 2nd Amendment with the AR-15 and other common long arms being protected.

How long will this take? It all depends how the District Court Judge feels and how much the District Court Judge hates being overturned. So, probably a 3% chance that it takes 2 weeks.

It has been 9 years since FSA2013 became law. Honestly, it is hard for me to write 9 years. However, I never thought I would see something like Bruen during my lifetime. So, that is incredible too. We have been talking about Bruen and Dobbs in the house, and my 15 year old told my 13 year old that her AP History notes wouldn't be very useful since Roe v. Wade is no longer and there is more to the 2nd Amendment than Heller now.

It finally feels like the pendulum is coming back around to our side. I am hoping it keeps swinging through the midterms.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Around Sep 23, the 90 day clock runs out on the first HGP applications based solely on the NYSRPA v Bruen case, so MSP must approve or disapprove any that haven't been decided.
    MSP must issue permits in compliance with Bruen NOW.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Not just here in Maryland, but it seems we keep getting old and tired rejects and the sons and wives of past rejects. The political game is a Ponzi scheme of worthless bottom of the barrel humans.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Depending on how things start to gel, I think some Patriot Picket marches in ANP might be worthwhile.
    I am in, and i believe my wife would be part and if needed i can get my son out of his retirement. He loves helping Dad with patriot duties.
    The wife and I wanted to go to Annapolis near Nov. for the last push before the general election.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    My 2 cents, people do things we allow them to do, so the key is not to allow them to do things that do not follow the laws and constitution of our counrty.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    My 2 cents, people do things we allow them to do, so the key is not to allow them to do things that do not follow the laws and constitution of our counrty.
    Bring back tar and feathering?

Anyone got any railroad ties laying around, to rail them out after being properly feathered?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Lots of people just need to take a breath.

If I am not mistaken, Call v. Jones deals with CCW in Maryland and it was being held pending the Bruen decision. The Bruen decision has come down and now the Call v. Jones case is moving forward. I have no idea where the case is in the process, but if it was being held pending the Bruen decision, my guess is discovery is finished and the only issue is the merits. Probably a case that can be resolved on Summary Judgment at this point without an actual trial. If Maryland does not change Public Safety 5-306 to make the case moot, then I suspect the District Court will either strike down all of Public Safety 3-506 or strike the portion that requires good & substantial. If the District Court upholds 5-306, then I guess we are on to the 4th Circuit.

As I understand it, the Bianchi case pertains to the "assault weapon" ban. In Kolbe, the US District Court Judge relied on the intermediate scrutiny standard, which is rather lax as to the State having to prove the reasoning for the infringement, when she determined that FSA2013 was Constitutional. Our side argued that the strict scrutiny standard should be applied, but she did not side with us. Now, after Bruen, there is no more strict scrutiny or intermediate scrutiny test, which was the second step of the process. Now, whether a law is Constitutional or not hinges on historical analysis. Heller states that common firearms are protected by the 2nd Amendment. Now, without the second step in the process, I am extremely hopeful that Bianchi will not be another Kolbe at the US District Court level, but if it is, that it will be overturned by the 4th Circuit, and if not overturned by the 4th Circuit that SCOTUS will provide additional clarification on what firearms are protected by the 2nd Amendment with the AR-15 and other common long arms being protected.

How long will this take? It all depends how the District Court Judge feels and how much the District Court Judge hates being overturned. So, probably a 3% chance that it takes 2 weeks.

It has been 9 years since FSA2013 became law. Honestly, it is hard for me to write 9 years. However, I never thought I would see something like Bruen during my lifetime. So, that is incredible too. We have been talking about Bruen and Dobbs in the house, and my 15 year old told my 13 year old that her AP History notes wouldn't be very useful since Roe v. Wade is no longer and there is more to the 2nd Amendment than Heller now.

It finally feels like the pendulum is coming back around to our side. I am hoping it keeps swinging through the midterms.
    Call v Jones is already at the 4CA, was being held in abeyance.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Bring back tar and feathering?

Anyone got any railroad ties laying around, to rail them out after being properly feathered?

Ordinary fence rails are what we use.

The tar is simple pine tar, not bitumen, so it isn't scalding hot. It may be warmed a bit, but not always. The tar may be poured over the person's head, or it may be painted on with a tar brush, right over the person's clothes, or they may be partly stripped.

Lots of variations, and I think we have plenty of subjects with which to experiment so we can all work out our favorite methods.

Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    Ordinary fence rails are what we use.

The tar is simple pine tar, not bitumen, so it isn't scalding hot. It may be warmed a bit, but not always. The tar may be poured over the person's head, or it may be painted on with a tar brush, right over the person's clothes, or they may be partly stripped.

Lots of variations, and I think we have plenty of subjects with which to experiment so we can all work out our favorite methods.
    Hypothetically, how hard is the tar to get out of, say, a Ned Flanders style moustache? Would said 'stache likely be unrecoverable and need to be shaved off? That'd be pretty fun. I mean, it could be, I guess.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Hypothetically, how hard is the tar to get out of, say, a Ned Flanders style moustache? Would said 'stache likely be unrecoverable and need to be shaved off? That'd be pretty fun. I mean, it could be, I guess.
    He’d need copious amounts of turpentine or other suitable solvents to make it easier. It would still not be fun.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

You know, I'm really not sure. Back in the 1770s Tax Collectors and Attorneys General wore wigs (probably for this very reason) and moustaches weren't in style.

Can you think of anyone with a Ned Flanders moustache on whom we could experiment?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You know, I'm really not sure. Back in the 1770s Tax Collectors and Attorneys General wore wigs (probably for this very reason) and mustaches weren't in style.

Can you think of anyone with a Ned Flanders mustache on whom we could experiment?
    I would say try it on something non-human first. Like a career politician.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Call v Jones is already at the 4CA, was being held in abeyance.
    Thanks. Then it is ripe for a ruling by the 4CA. Record was already established at the District Court trial level.

I am hoping that Bianchi overturns the assault weapons ban too. There are 3 non-HBAR JP barrels I want for post FSA2013 lowers. If Bianchi wins and the time for appeal passes, I will buy all three. Just amazing that Bianchi was also at SCOTUS.

Patience is a virtue. Now, if Hogan had just gotten that $100k deduction for single retirees and $150k deduction for married retirees, Maryland might be getting to be a decent place to retire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom