• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Warning Notice: Apparently they are shipping with a muted firmware right now. Not all functionality is available. They are working on a firmware update due out in about 3-4 weeks.

Limitations are (for now):
    1. Video Quality does not have the 120fps setting available.
    2. No Gallery widget available in the carousel.
    3. RAV is in the carousel but not mentioned in the manual. (manual needs updating)
    4. No photo mode, Burst Count or Time Lapse settings available under Photo/Video.
    5. Unable to stream the viewfinder to smartphone using the Obsidian 4 app (android). (fixed by going to App Manager and disabling app being able to use mobile data).
    6. No gallery option on Obsidian 4 app
    7. Device compares firmware editions and does not enter update mode if device firmware matches or exceeds what is on the SD Card (needs to be updated in manual).

G-Mar221

Mar 18, 2018
    Germantown
    Warning Notice: Apparently they are shipping with a muted firmware right now. Not all functionality is available. They are working on a firmware update due out in about 3-4 weeks.

Limitations are (for now):
    1. Video Quality does not have the 120fps setting available.
    2. No Gallery widget available in the carousel.
    3. RAV is in the carousel but not mentioned in the manual. (manual needs updating)
    4. No photo mode, Burst Count or Time Lapse settings available under Photo/Video.
    5. Unable to stream the viewfinder to smartphone using the Obsidian 4 app (android). (fixed by going to App Manager and disabling app being able to use mobile data).
    6. No gallery option on Obsidian 4 app
    7. Device compares firmware editions and does not enter update mode if device firmware matches or exceeds what is on the SD Card (needs to be updated in manual).
    That's good to know. Thanks.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    without a 120FPS may serve people better especially if its hi-res, a long video would be huge file.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I would think that 120fps would be reserved for the Recoil Activated videos, which are limited to 20 seconds. Plus it takes micro SD cards up to 256GB.

Even still human eye cannot tell the difference between 60FPS and 120 FPS. Website says 4 to 64 for the SD card. It is in essence a Gopro Scope.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Even still human eye cannot tell the difference between 60FPS and 120 FPS. Website says 4 to 64 for the SD card. It is in essence a Gopro Scope.

I dunno why the US website is all messed up, the European one says 4 to 256GB.

I think the 120fps allows for clearer slow motion. Record @ 120fps and playback @ 30/60fps.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    For the suggested price, this is a way cool optic. Besides the video recording capability, the night vision, one shot zeroing, built-in range finding, and automated ballistic readjustment based on target distance are really neat features. I quickly noodled around the website on my phone, but didn't see how much it weighed. Nonetheless, unless reviews turn out highly negative, I want one.

Eta: looked again. 2.1 pounds. Not surprising given what it does at the current price point.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    For the suggested price, this is a way cool optic. Besides the video recording capability, the night vision, one shot zeroing, built-in range finding, and automated ballistic readjustment based on target distance are really neat features. I quickly noodled around the website on my phone, but didn't see how much it weighed. Nonetheless, unless reviews turn out highly negative, I want one.

Eta: looked again. 2.1 pounds. Not surprising given what it does at the current price point.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Now look up when you add the optional Auxiliary Ballistic Laser.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Currently waiting on QD mount. Gonna get its first workout next weekend. Trying it on a couple platforms and see how repeatable the zero is swapping back and forth.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Please report back finding! You got it already???

Got it a week ago. Been playing around with it a little but waiting until I get the mount before I really set her up. Primarily want her on my .277 bolt gun but also gonna try it on a Grendel AR and Creedmoor bolt gun and possibly try it on the .17WSM depending on how reliable the mount is.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    There are a bunch of youtube videos that show how clear the image is out to 500yds. The night vids aren't that bad either.

This range trip is gonna be busy. First shots thru the new suppressors, setting up the optic and recording bullet speeds for profile building.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom