• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dh0824

MDS Supporter
    Apr 21, 2022
    Finksburg, MD
    I have to say, the gun stores here in MD are top-notch compared to some of the ones I frequented while living in CA. I had yet another great experience today, this time at Atlantic Guns. Spoke to Kyle over the phone yesterday who set aside two items I was interested in and placed a deposit on. Walking in today, I was immediately greeted and helped by a very friendly female associate whose name I failed to ask for. After letting her know that I had two items set aside, she immediately retrieved them from the back, gave me ample time to look them over, then proceeded with a quick completion of the paperwork. Great prices, great service, great conversation - another stellar gun store in MD! Definitely come check them out if you haven’t already. They have an impressive selection at very reasonable prices.

dh0824

MDS Supporter
    Apr 21, 2022
    Finksburg, MD
    They're a polarizing shop around MDS. Don't know why. I've always been treated decently there
    Interesting. Maybe things have changed or maybe I caught them on a good day. Or, it could be that I’m used to being treated like cattle at the shops in CA. Based on my experience today, though, they’re good in my book! Glad you’ve had good experiences with them as well. I noticed that they were friendly to everyone who walked into the shop, so I hope that’s a consistent theme for anyone visiting.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I’ve always found Atlantic to be good people and professional even iif their prices were somewhat high…but that’s the price for being in Montgomery County and in a pretty high overhead location.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Always been treated well by them , My relationships were with the older staff and the knowledge of all things related to guns and shooting ,reloading , hunting was all firsthand experience and as one said reading everything on earth about it all . I'll not get to see the new store since I don't have to come to the DC area for meetings . Kind of sad that they have gone to just one store .
    Glad to see them still fighting the good fight against all in your state that want to get rid of them .

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Over the years I've found some treasures in the used gun cases there.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    They're a polarizing shop around MDS. Don't know why. I've always been treated decently there
    I don't know why either. I've been going there(Rockville store) for over 40 years(?). Always got good service. It seems that for some in this crowd, you catch a store on an off day or at a bad time, they are irredeemable.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I spent a fair amount of time in my college years leaning on their counter and watching , What a lot of people don't get is all that stuff has to get unpacked , logged in , checked and priced then put out for sale . If you had walked in and they were logging in a good size gun order or any large order and they didn't jump all over you it's because they can just walk away from those guns and goods , So they have to move them so they didn't grow legs then take care of you . Not like a car dealer were all the salesman that swarm you as you come in because all they do is sell cars , They don't have any other responsibility's . All the record keeping for gun sales must be a nightmare .

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Not had any issues at all but only dealing with since 2019
    Several hand guns and rifles including one special order item
    Son got his first handgun there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland
    I have to say, the gun stores here in MD are top-notch compared to some of the ones I frequented while living in CA. I had yet another great experience today, this time at Atlantic Guns. Spoke to Kyle over the phone yesterday who set aside two items I was interested in and placed a deposit on. Walking in today, I was immediately greeted and helped by a very friendly female associate whose name I failed to ask for. After letting her know that I had two items set aside, she immediately retrieved them from the back, gave me ample time to look them over, then proceeded with a quick completion of the paperwork. Great prices, great service, great conversation - another stellar gun store in MD! Definitely come check them out if you haven’t already. They have an impressive selection at very reasonable prices.
    I love that store. I think there are two females working there...Eva and some other I forgot her name. I was just thinking that I haven't been there in a while and I need to pay them another visit.

dh0824

MDS Supporter
    Apr 21, 2022
    Finksburg, MD
    I love that store. I think there are two females working there...Eva and some other I forgot her name. I was just thinking that I haven't been there in a while and I need to pay them another visit.
    Yes, it was Eva! I just checked my 77R application and confirmed the name. She was very helpful. Thanks!

65by55

Mar 30, 2013
    Rockpile, MD
    My father started dealing with them when they were in DC ! I used to go to the Silver Spring store with him when I was a (little) kid. I have been dealing with them ever since. Now I guess I will have to go tomorrow.....

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Im a little surprised they are polarizing. It’s been a while, but I recall a good experience.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've been a satisfied, even enthusiastic customer for more than 40 years, and have done business with 3 generations of Schneiders. Nothing but good things to say about them. I wish they still had a Silver Spring presence.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom