• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have to admit that the idea of getting drunk during a hurricane is very possibly the last one that would ever occur to me.
    LOL, Last one at My sister's house in FL, secured all the things, storm shutters and plywood up, tossed the outdoor furniture in the pool to keep it from flying away, then wait for the show. The decision to toss the furniture in the pool may have been premature, being we had a margarita bar running off the generator, and soon were back sitting on the outdoor chairs and couch........ in the pool. It was wild, pretty much everyone on the street had food and booze passing around to neighbors, fireworks, music, and soon as the storm died down it was kinda like the best of Halloween and July 4th combined.

As far as intoxication, big difference between alcohol and cannabis, and it varies person to person. Someone popping a 5mg edible at night to deal with insomnia is a prohibited person, despite judgement being far less affected than someone taking any number of prescription drugs. Then there are impairments in judgement from any number of psychiatric conditions, paranoia or a lack of coping skills. I would trust the judgement of an otherwise upstanding person that might have a drink or joint from time to time than the tacticool guy wearing surplus fatigues with a "I live in condition orange" bumper sticker and pie-ing corners while grocery shopping.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have to admit that the idea of getting drunk during a hurricane is very possibly the last one that would ever occur to me.
    I was living on St. Maarten in 1995 when Hurricane Luis went through. Strong Cat 4 storm. I would probably have died if I were not sober. We had a stupid bimbo we had to take care of because she was hammered. :sad20:

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    We have (for the most part) conquered nature, so we have to spice it up by being intoxicated during dangerous situations just to feel alive!

Don’t get me wrong, we could be wiped out instantly by a single rare event.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    So, other than the cliches about stoners being lazy, why isn't there a more active and obvious national push to change the fed laws? It would seem to have bipartisan support (whether both sides like it or not).

Is it kept on the books because it is more of a thorn in the side that has jobs and guns than the other side that doesn't? :shrug:
    There is. In 2022, there was more spent lobbying for Cannabis reform than gun rights. Lots of organizations from NORML to companies operating in legalized states, large protests and more. Pretty successful at the state level too, with plenty of lawsuits and lobbying at the federal level. THere is even some crossover with gun rights groups. FPC is pushing Cooper vs Garland in the 11th circuit right now to remove the gun ban for medical cannabis patients.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Liquor lobby. One of THE strongest lobbies in DC. Every sip of Bud Lite is a penny contributed to keep pot illegal.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Liquor lobby. One of THE strongest lobbies in DC. Every sip of Bud Lite is a penny contributed to keep pot illegal.
    Oh it's legal. You buy a print of Elvis on black velvet for $400 and you get a free ounce of weed with it.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    We have (for the most part) conquered nature, so we have to spice it up by being intoxicated during dangerous situations just to feel alive!

Don’t get me wrong, we could be wiped out instantly by a single rare event.
    Evidence points to humans consuming alcohol at least as far back as around 5000-6000BC. Likely earlier.

So way before conquering nature. Alcohol may have actually been one of the reasons humans switched to an agrarian society. Harder to make it if you are migrating frequently in a hunter-gather society.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There is. In 2022, there was more spent lobbying for Cannabis reform than gun rights. Lots of organizations from NORML to companies operating in legalized states, large protests and more. Pretty successful at the state level too, with plenty of lawsuits and lobbying at the federal level. THere is even some crossover with gun rights groups. FPC is pushing Cooper vs Garland in the 11th circuit right now to remove the gun ban for medical cannabis patients.

Their are more stoners than gun owners . Plus the current generation essentially in its entirety .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ok , not a Hurricane , but how about a Tornado ? ( finger slipped here , post continues below)

Back circa '94 , we were visiting Mrs Biggfoot's Aunt & Uncle in N.E. Nebraska . A small Tornado was coming through town ( small city by NE standards , large town bu Md standards.)

Her Uncle and I spent most of it in the screen room . He had built it sturdy , and it was on the leeside of the house .

Got to watch the neighbors roofs , lawn furnature , and etc blowing past at high speed .

Alas , we were drinking ice tea and sodas , not booze .

Last edited:

wpage

Ultimate Member
    Oct 17, 2022
    Southern Delaware
    So they're going to prosecute Hunter Buden then?
    Prosecution of Hunter Biden for his gun purchase, and unique method of disposal of such. The ATF form has no provisions for "Hookers and Blow" leaving attorneys and biased DOJ room for 'selective judgement'. Oh the humanity...

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Prosecution of Hunter Biden for his gun purchase, and unique method of disposal of such. The ATF form has no provisions for "Hookers and Blow" leaving attorneys and biased DOJ room for 'selective judgement'. Oh the humanity...
    I mean, for a second of seriousness, it wasn’t Hunter who disposed of the gun. So he wouldn’t be on the hook for that. Though I don’t know DE law if there are notify periods if you realize the gun has been lost or stolen. Some states you don’t have to notify at all.

I’d imagine MD would do its best to put the screws to me, but I could go out a handgun on top of a trash can today and walk away, let alone toss one in the trash can. So long as I notify MSP within the time frames, I am good. And heck, I could try to make the argument I just put it down and I was going to go back and get it at some point. I didn’t expect someone to steal it. No, I was NOT transferring it to someone. But I didn’t want to carry my gun in to a “safe space”. I just forgot about it when I left.

The drugs and buying the gun and lying on the 4470 is a bit of a pickle though.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    And stealing a gun in Maryland is a misdemeanor with a maximum penalty of a $500 fine and maximum of six months. It is not a prohibiter.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I mean, for a second of seriousness, it wasn’t Hunter who disposed of the gun. So he wouldn’t be on the hook for that. Though I don’t know DE law if there are notify periods if you realize the gun has been lost or stolen. Some states you don’t have to notify at all.

I’d imagine MD would do its best to put the screws to me, but I could go out a handgun on top of a trash can today and walk away, let alone toss one in the trash can. So long as I notify MSP within the time frames, I am good. And heck, I could try to make the argument I just put it down and I was going to go back and get it at some point. I didn’t expect someone to steal it. No, I was NOT transferring it to someone. But I didn’t want to carry my gun in to a “safe space”. I just forgot about it when I left.

The drugs and buying the gun and lying on the 4470 is a bit of a pickle though.

Chargeable:
    DE: 7 days to report lost or stolen
    DE: Safe Storage law
    Fed: Lying on the 4473

44-70 is a cartridge, necked down from the 45-70....

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Chargeable:
    DE: 7 days to report lost or stolen
    DE: Safe Storage law
    Fed: Lying on the 4473

44-70 is a cartridge, necked down from the 45-70....
    I always suck at that. That’s probably why I always type 4470. 4473 then :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom