• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I wonder if this is a new grab by the BiteMe Admin?

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) warned in a Tuesday advisory that Minnesota residents who use marijuana cannot legally own firearms despite the recent legalization of cannabis for recreational use.

According to the St. Paul ATF office, because marijuana is still illegal at the federal level, people who smoke weed or take marijuana edibles are "still federally defined as an 'unlawful user' of a controlled substance," and are therefore "prohibited from shipping, transporting, receiving, or possessing firearms or ammunition."

"Until marijuana is legalized federally, firearms owners and possessors should be mindful that it remains federally illegal to mix marijuana with firearms and ammunition," said ATF acting special agent in charge of the of the St. Paul field division, Jeff Reed.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    All part of the plan my friend. Just as with the jab. You want to travel, keep your job, live your life? Get the jab. That one they tried to use fear and the threat of loss of Liberty as the coersion tool but they couldn't keep the pressure on long enough so those of us who wouldn't cave eventually won.

This one is on a different level. They've spent so many years conditioning society to partake of certain chemicals, they've got a bunch of people habitually dependent if not physically so. Now they have deprivation of your high to use. You want the feel good chemicals? Give up your guns.

I've never so much as smoked one hit off a joint so no skin off my back. Still, my advice to those who are dumb enough to want to partake in this particular vice, keep doing it the way it's always been done, on the down low. Let them know you partake, you lose.

Last edited:

wpage

Ultimate Member
    Oct 17, 2022
    Southern Delaware
    When you fill out the form. You say you are not a drunkard, you do not smoke pot. If you admit to either, or if proven you lose your rite. At the limit of the document you signed for your purchase permit. By that yes you are prohibited to purchase that gun.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    question:
    when was the last time a federal officer (FBI?) arrested any individual for MJ use or recreational amount possession?

Fed IMO wants to allow MJ use but use its federal illegality for gun grabbing without enforcing individual use.

Yes, they may end up making arrests for distribution or transportation of high quantities, but not individual use.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    I’m not seeing that law back in the 1700 and 1800’s so it does not apply now.

Government works for me not vice versa. FU ATF.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    The only grass and weed that concern me is my front lawn.

Just GTFO My Lawn and Stay There.

I’m not a Doobie but won’t be a Don’t Be unless you make me piss offed at thee

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    When you fill out the form. You say you are not a drunkard, you do not smoke pot. If you admit to either, or if proven you lose your rite. At the limit of the document you signed for your purchase permit. By that yes you are prohibited to purchase that gun.
    Probably a hell of a lot more people are habitual drunkards than there are pot users who are lying on that form. ATF/Feds sure cut those habitual drunkards a heck of a lot of slack because they only use repeated convictions for alcohol offenses as the standard and they won't prosecute people if they later become habitual drunkards and are still in possession of firearms. At most they MIGHT seek you to turn in your firearms.

ATF says "means a person who has been found guilty of any three crimes under § 21–902(a), (b), or (c) of the Transportation Article, one of which occurred in the past year."

Common sense definition is an alcoholic. Few of which are legally found to be habitual drunkards under the law. I'd bet anything there are as many alcoholics participating on this board as there are members* who partake of the devil's lettuce.

But not even one doobie!

How many people are getting random drug tests after signing a 4470? I can't think of any. Is it worth it if you own firearms, hold a clearance, or are a federal employee? Heck no. Odds of getting caught? Pretty damned low.

*The figure is 1 in 12 men are estimated to be alcoholics in the US, only 1 in 25 women. Unless I've missed something from water cooler threads, most of us on the board seem to drink. A number of us drink a lot. So I doubt we run less than the US average despite owning guns. Weed? Don't know. I guess not a lot of members willing to admit to it. I suspect it is quite a bit less than the US average between us mostly being conservatives (so less likely to use) as well as avoiding it for legal reasons.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Probably a hell of a lot more people are habitual drunkards than there are pot users who are lying on that form. ATF/Feds sure cut those habitual drunkards a heck of a lot of slack because they only use repeated convictions for alcohol offenses as the standard and they won't prosecute people if they later become habitual drunkards and are still in possession of firearms. At most they MIGHT seek you to turn in your firearms.

ATF says "means a person who has been found guilty of any three crimes under § 21–902(a), (b), or (c) of the Transportation Article, one of which occurred in the past year."

Common sense definition is an alcoholic. Few of which are legally found to be habitual drunkards under the law. I'd bet anything there are as many alcoholics participating on this board as there are members* who partake of the devil's lettuce.

But not even one doobie!

How many people are getting random drug tests after signing a 4470? I can't think of any. Is it worth it if you own firearms, hold a clearance, or are a federal employee? Heck no. Odds of getting caught? Pretty damned low.

*The figure is 1 in 12 men are estimated to be alcoholics in the US, only 1 in 25 women. Unless I've missed something from water cooler threads, most of us on the board seem to drink. A number of us drink a lot. So I doubt we run less than the US average despite owning guns. Weed? Don't know. I guess not a lot of members willing to admit to it. I suspect it is quite a bit less than the US average between us mostly being conservatives (so less likely to use) as well as avoiding it for legal reasons.
    Per the NIH (2012 numbers) habitual users of alcohol are less than 10% of the population. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4258136/

Per the CDC (2019) 18% of Americans used Marijuana in 2019. https://www.cdc.gov/marijuana/data-...na is the most commonly,at least once in 2019.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    I’m not seeing that law back in the 1700 and 1800’s so it does not apply now.

Government works for me not vice versa. FU ATF.
    And we have found some common ground.

Unpopular Opinion Hunter will get off as we all know. Lets just hope he deals a few blows to gun control when he does. He belongs in prision but Ill take any and all help beating gun control.

Now if the courts would stop kicking the can here in MD and strike down thier tyrannous laws.

Triggerfinger

States Rights!
    Sep 1, 2012
    Richlands, North Carolina
    The reality is that every law, rule, edict, regulation, standard, decree, statute, covenant, ordinance, legislation and code is being kept on the books and will be used against all of us at some point to turn us into criminals and prevent us from owning guns. That is how they are trying to disarm America. And they add more every day. And you thought we were a free people.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    For goodness sakes yesterday I heard no less than three radio advertisements indicating the usefulness of medical marijuana cards and how to obtain one.
    The thoughtful spokesperson even provided information for how cutting edge modern science has determined pst best practices were misinterpreted and no longer useful in today’s society.
    With an upbeat fancy jingle to boot.
    As far as I’m concerned, drug use is not very helpful to firearms ownership regardless of how the substance is delivered.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    If it’s good enough for president PoopyPants’s son to lie and illegally discard a firearm whose to complain?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Lots of federal court cases finding the prohibition is unconstitutional, think the latest is up to the 5th circuit, only a matter of time till it's tossed, although no current injunction. The Feds are on borrowed time with the absurd remnants of prohibition while cannabis is legal in almost every state, and usually considered an essential medical business. This is one of many things that gun folk and other groups have a common interest in, even those who don't use it, if nothing else it helps prevent other things like prescription drugs from being added or .gov arbitrarily creating new groups of prohibited persons.

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/ano...ral court has ruled,and transfer of guns, too.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    I've been saying for years, whether medicinally or recreational the states allowing use of MJ is a back door to gun control..... I turned down a sale at the last Timonium show because the individual reeked of MJ, he wasn't happy but oh well.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom