• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    The fact the injunction only affects members of..... is sad. I'm assuming that is something in legal jargon for a PI and a final ruling would benefit all citizens.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Sadly, while the narrator might be a lawyer, he flunked math.

250,000 divided by 10 million works out to be 2.5%, not 0.25%. So he's off by two orders of magnitude. Or you could say the percentage he mentions is 100 times smaller than the actual figure.

Whatthehell, it's still a nice number. 97.5% of the assumed number of braced pistols have not been registered during the amnesty. Somehow I doubt that they've been destroyed, or turned into the ATF. I don't doubt that some may have been altered back into an un-braced condition.

Keep up the good work, folks, by doing nothing, just as though you're in Government work. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, after all.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The fact the injunction only affects members of..... is sad. I'm assuming that is something in legal jargon for a PI and a final ruling would benefit all citizens.
    The People are under no obligation to follow unconstitutional laws, and may proceed as though they don’t exist.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Furthermore, a rule is not a law and they do not have lawmaking authority
    Alas, courts have to sort out where that boundary is. Congress DOES give regulatory agencies enormous power, effectively granting those bodies the same power as congress on matters in their turf. This has, of course, been widely abused, since those agencies absolutely can make rules that can make you a criminal. See the EPA, the FAA, the DOT, the FCC, the FTC, the FEC, etc.

We are currently waiting for a ruling from SCOTUS on exactly such a matter, and it could go a long way towards reining in regulatory empire building.

So while Dr T is correct that you’re not obliged to adhere to unconstitutional rules, that doesn’t stop you from being arrested and bankrupted while you make the case that the rule/law is unconstitutional while it’s still in effect.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The People are under no obligation to follow unconstitutional laws, and may proceed as though they don’t exist.
    They will, however, have to deal with the likelihood that those executing unconstitutional laws will use the same against them.

All those ready to risk their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor, step forward. . . .

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    They will, however, have to deal with the likelihood that those executing unconstitutional laws will use the same against them.

All those ready to risk their lives, their fortunes and their sacred honor, step forward. . . .
    One need not broadcast their non-compliance. Quietly live your life.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    One need not broadcast their non-compliance. Quietly live your life.

Just as long as I'm left alone to do just that. Doesn't seem to be part of the MD GA playbook though. I've probably already gone too far, just by pushing back.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Only one time did anyone question the legality of an MP5 I had at the range. I explained why it was legal (although his eyes glazed over while I was explaining) and set about shooting. About 200 rounds later, the guy, an older gentleman who was a quasi-fudd, walks over and says, "you know, that might be a good little thing for home defense". I grinned, told him he figured it out, and asked him if he'd like to try it out. I made a convert that day. Those little beauties never cease to bring folks together at the range.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Sad everyone wasn’t covered, so off I went $25 to be part of the injunction
    Well glad you joined. Like I've told many friends and commented here. Gun grabbers have near bottomless pits of money and the entire democratic party on their side. If you like your 2A rights, you absolutely HAVE to support the groups fighting to keep those rights. Most Republicans are not going to fight for them. Lawyers ain't cheap.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    God Bless Texas!

Texas's interesting argument to be granted standing is that it incurs irreparable harm by having to pay its employees to engage in the process of enforcing an unconstitutional regulation. With a huge number of these things extant, going after them will be administratively expensive, and the state will not be compensated for its costs if and when the rule is found unconstitutional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom