• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    So the the OAL doesn't come into play? As long as I don't put a folding stock or M203 on it with the flash suppressor I'll be good to go. Who the hell thinks this stuff up?

Sent from my SM-T738U using Tapatalk
    Pretty sure we have thread here that states a LAW Tactical Folder is GTG on an SBR because it doesn't count as the restricted folding stock--- Because the LAW folder is marketed as a storage device and does not allow the SBR to fire more than once while folded or something like that. Has something changed? Did I mis-read? That's like 1.5 inches towards OAL if true--

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Pretty sure we have thread here that states a LAW Tactical Folder is GTG on an SBR because it doesn't count as the restricted folding stock--- Because the LAW folder is marketed as a storage device and does not allow the SBR to fire more than once while folded or something like that. Has something changed? Did I mis-read? That's like 1.5 inches towards OAL if true--
    Correct-a-mundo. (as the Fonz would say).

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Take a little advice; pay no attention to people pasting up statute after statute. Half the time they have changed. This site has a wealth of experienced users. Take their advice.
    I'm pretty sure my .300 and 5.56 pistols will meet the overall length requirement. If not, I might buy a cheap Chinese tape measure that's off by a little bit and take my picture with that! Sounds like my .22 doesn't have to meet that requirement.

Or I might just not do anything and keep living my life. I've got plenty of experience watching prosecutors refuse to prosecute gun crimes anyways...

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I'm pretty sure my .300 and 5.56 pistols will meet the overall length requirement. If not, I might buy a cheap Chinese tape measure that's off by a little bit and take my picture with that! Sounds like my .22 doesn't have to meet that requirement.

Or I might just not do anything and keep living my life. I've got plenty of experience watching prosecutors refuse to prosecute gun crimes anyways...
    No requirement for the tape measure in the picture.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas

I truly believe that before this is all said and done, the NFA will go away. It might take a few years. Fingers crossed. That being said, in the meantime, the anti-gunners might have to take a compromise and back off the pistol brace thing. I feel like if they push this too much, post Bruen, they will lose big. The next big hurtle will be to get Chevon Difference settled in our favor, then it's all over for the ATF and company.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

There are ways to measure, that don't break the law.

But then again, I know the OAL of a 10.5" barrel with a CTR on the other end for a very real reason. Same as I know the OAL of a 12.5" barrel with a CTR on the other end for the same reason as the 10.5" barrel.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Thanks for finding that!

The "meat" of that update-

After October 1, 2015, dealers will no longer be required to submit SBR/SBS to the Handgun Roster
    Board for review and inclusion on the Handgun Roster, as previously required in Advisory LD-FRS-14-002.

Public Safety Title 5-101
    (n) handgun means a firearm with a barrel less than 16 inches in length.

Dealers are reminded that a Maryland State Police Application and Affidavit to Purchase a Regulated Firearm (77R) is, and
    will remain, required for SBR’s/SBS’s with a barrel under 16” in length. (which means MSP consider it a 'handgun')

Semi-automatic SBR’s with
    (1) an overall length of less than 29” and/or
    (2) any two of the following:

(1) a folding stock;
    (2) a grenade launcher or flare launcher; or
    (3) a flash suppressor is a “copycat weapon” under provisions of the Firearm Safety Act of

and is not eligible for sale to the general public unless the purchaser had a purchase order for, or a
    completed application to purchase, the firearm prior to October 1, 2013.

Maryland State Police Licensing Division
    Bulletin LD-FRU-15-004
    Question for you. Do you own any NFA items?

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Another option for those close to 29 OAL look at one of the AR folding adapters, the Sylvan Arms Gens 3 I think adds almost 2 inches.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    No requirement for the tape measure in the picture.
    Ha, that's even more dumb! What is the point of taking a picture then?

I hate this state, I hate the ATF... I can't wait to move to a free state and shoot on my own darn land and very politely tell the local police to find some PC and come back with a warrant if they have an issue.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Wurd :thumbsup:

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD

I hate this state, I hate the ATF... I can't wait to move to a free state and shoot on my own darn land and very politely tell the local police to find some PC and come back with a warrant if they have an issue.
    It may be the case that ATF knows that a 10.5" barrel AR15 with a carbine buffer tube and SBA-3 or SBA-4 is only 28.5" OAL, and will not approve a free SBR stamp in MD for such a configuration.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

The picture is to verify that it is a braced pistol and eligible for the amnesty. Nothing more. While waiting for the stamp to come in, you should be able to keep it in a braced configuration, but I'm not sure.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    It may be the case that ATF knows that a 10.5" barrel AR15 with a carbine buffer tube and SBA-3 or SBA-4 is only 28.5" OAL, and will not approve a free SBR stamp in MD for such a configuration.
    Yet if you read up thread, you'll see that I openly posted the OAL of a 10.5" barrel with a CTR is 29.25-29.50" OAL. There is a valid reason as to why I know this and how the NFA process works. I also know what is legal and what isn't, for that very reason.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I believe you are missing the big point(picture), dump the brace in NFA land. You are unnecessarily handcuffing yourself. Put a stock on the tube and walk away.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    I believe you are missing the big point(picture), dump the brace in NFA land. You are unnecessarily handcuffing yourself. Put a stock on the tube and walk away.
    I agree - after you get the stamp. I'm just talking about the need to present a legal configuration with a brace to get a "free" stamp.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I agree - after you get the stamp. I'm just talking about the need to present a legal configuration with a brace to get a "free" stamp.
    The legal configuration is the braced pistol. Full stop, end of discussion.

I suggest you look at a form 1 and then come back with questions. Then you'll understand what is actually going on.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    That is a load of crap and we all know it. The amnesty is to allow people the ability to register the pistol as a SBR, with zero legal ramifications. Rule 49.99 does not play a part in the amnesty the way this guy is talking about as a "trap".

FFS, are people really that afraid of looking at NFA and seeing what is and isn't legal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom