• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inka

Apr 25, 2010
    Hi Everyone- Many years ago I had an interest in collecting military rifles. My general "focus" if you want to call it that was to get examples of the main battle arms from around the world. (L1A1, M1A, AK, etc)That was 20-25 years ago and my interests have changed and so have the prices. I'm interested in clay shooting at the moment and looking to divest of rifles to re-invest in shotguns. This is where I'd like to get some help if I can. I've looked at the auction sites to determine the value of some guns, but what people are asking and what they're selling for are two different things. If anyone can help with realistic pricing for the below I'd appreciate it. I'll be looking to sell them in the coming weeks. Gotta get my post count up! (through FFLs, realize can't sell some in MD or to MD residents)

1 X Colt HBAR (Pre-ban, large pin, less than 500 rnds fired)
    1 X B-West Imported Type 56 AK-47, stamped receiver, spike bayonet
    1 X Norinco SKS (accepts AK-47 Mags)

Any help would be appreciated!

-Kirk

Hi Everyone- Many years ago I had an interest in collecting military rifles. My general "focus" if you want to call it that was to get examples of the main battle arms from around the world. (L1A1, M1A, AK, etc)That was 20-25 years ago and my interests have changed and so have the prices. I'm interested in clay shooting at the moment and looking to divest of rifles to re-invest in shotguns. This is where I'd like to get some help if I can. I've looked at the auction sites to determine the value of some guns, but what people are asking and what they're selling for are two different things. If anyone can help with realistic pricing for the below I'd appreciate it. I'll be looking to sell them in the coming weeks. Gotta get my post count up! (through FFLs, realize can't sell some in MD or to MD residents)

1 X Colt HBAR (Pre-ban, large pin, less than 500 rnds fired)
    1 X B-West Imported Type 56 AK-47, stamped receiver, spike bayonet
    1 X Norinco SKS (accepts AK-47 Mags)

Any help would be appreciated!

-Kirk

Both of the highlighted rifles are banned from sales in Marylandistan. They need to be sold out of state via a FFL.
    EDIT- Assuming you owned them prior to 10/1/2013, they are legal to have, but they can't be bought or sold in Maryland anymore.

Inka

Apr 25, 2010
    Both of the highlighted rifles are banned from sales in Marylandistan. They need to be sold out of state via a FFL.
    EDIT- Assuming you owned them prior to 10/1/2013, they are legal to have, but they can't be bought or sold in Maryland anymore.

Yep Squaregrouper they were purchased many moons ago when the west was wild and the nanny state was nascent... And yep fellow MD Shooters you are not to trusted with such devices:)

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Yep Squaregrouper they were purchased many moons ago when the west was wild and the nanny state was nascent... And yep fellow MD Shooters you are not to trusted with such devices:)

Do you have kids? Would they be interested in inheriting them someday? Unless they defect to a free state that would be the only way for them to own them.

Inka

Apr 25, 2010
    Yep, I have two daughters who like to shoot. I have a few guns from my grandfather and some other nostalgic guns (M1 Garand) that they can inherit and remember us by...

Stephen M

Jan 20, 2013
    MoCo
    Looking at completed items (read:sold) on Gunbroker within the last 30 days, I see:

Type 56 AK-47: $1700-2500, depending on condition and accessories
    Norinco SKS: $600-1000
    Colt pre-ban HBAR: $1800-2400

As a Maryland resident, if you sell the first two you shouldn't plan on ever being able to replace them. But you can in theory, for the moment, by another HBAR AR. And what you could get for the Colt would cover your choice of a number of perfectly fine shotguns for shooting clays. You can get an O/U or semiauto Browning/Beretta/Benelli for less than 2k.

I'd keep them all, but if you must sell, sell the Colt.

Hope this helps,
    -Stephen M

Inka

Apr 25, 2010
    Thanks Stephen for the info, hard to comprehend that an ak is worth about what an hbar is, but thsts the new reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom