• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    An overdue update. I was hospitalized with Covid December 31st and discharged Jan 5th. I was on oxygen but not on a respirator. I had pulmonary blood clots. I was diagnosed after release with Covid pneumonia Additionally I have a gangrene infected big toe and had a urinary related infection, none of which I entered the hospital with. My PCP is stunned the hospital would release someone with those infections. The Covid has become long term complete with Covid brain fog. I am slowly recovering and scheduled to have the foot surgery next Friday, the 18th. My wife has faired better. She was not hospitalized, does not have pneumonia, and is almost back to 100%. Thanks to all for the prayers, well wishes, and thoughts, fred55

Good Lord. I’m glad you are ok.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Good to see you back fred. I've heard, the most unhealthy air on earth is in a hospital. I hope you are able to manage the remainder of your hurdles and am happy to hear your wife is well on her way to a full recovery. Best of luck to you sir.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Fred, it’s great to hear from you. Many here have you uppermost in their thoughts. You have been missed. Although you’re not yet out of the woods, you’ve got lots of prayers and support here. Prayers continue for a full recovery. I’m so very glad you got out of the hospital.
    Feel better soon. Get better fast.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I am very relieved that you're on the mend and pray that the healing continues. I was worried about you and the Missus.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Just now seeing this.

Relieved to hear that you're out of the hospital. Prayers for your complete recovery.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Man, it's good to hear from you. What a way to usher in the New Year!

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    It gets better, I’ve not had the toe amputated yet. It seems as though I’m in a medical catch-22. Since I’m on eliquis (prescribed while I was in the hospital, by a doctor I don’t remember) the cardiologist, surgeon, and PCP are not giving me clearance for the surgery. I have contacted the prescribing doctor and he states it’s in my PCPs hands. It seems they are not taking the “risk” of something happening. I’ve stated I’ll sign a hold harmless and their responses are “that won’t stop my heirs from taking action if something happens.” It seems the medical professionals are risk averse and the patient can’t assume the risk on their own. So here I am gangrene infected big toe and little options for about six months. It’s anyones guess if it will progress to my foot and leg before someone makes the decision to clear me for surgery fred55

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Latest update. Toe was taken March 18th, pulmonologist took me earlier than my scheduled appointment on April 29th. Reviewed my CT scans from 12/31/21 and 1/15/22 and stated the differences were night and day. After pulmonary tests 3/7/22 he cleared me for surgery, and will get me off the Eliquis by the end of May 2022. I’m still in a surgery shoe and hope to have the stitches out next week. Hoping for a better second half to the year. fred55

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom