• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    http://entertainment.verizon.com/ne...ion=9&lang=en&_LT=UNLC_USNWU00L9_UNEWS&page=1

The rhetoric is strong in this article. Picked out a bunch of bs.. For instance

1. 90% mentioned still
    2. Guy was shot with legally purchased handgun, but didn't mention the law was broken by him carrying without a permit
    3. Sticks mainly to PG and Baltimore counties, but makes it sound like the whole state is violent (my take on it)

Theres plenty more to see. I was enjoying my coffee until I read this garbage. I just couldn't not click the link.

Tankfixr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Harford County
    Do note she forgot to mention the dysfunction in her family with her brother killing her son. Must be the gun's fault.

Also note that he has been miraculously rehabilitated serving about seven years for murder and will be back on the streets courtesy of a plea bargain.

What could possibly go wrong?

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Do note she forgot to mention the dysfunction in her family with her brother killing her son. Must be the gun's fault.

Also note that he has been miraculously rehabilitated serving about seven years for murder and will be back on the streets courtesy of a plea bargain.

What could possibly go wrong?

See, plenty of mess in this article. Unbelievable that these people can't see reality.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Not going to waste my time reading emotional hit pieces. If the article starts with a picture of a mother crying it tends not to be very fact filled.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Not going to waste my time reading emotional hit pieces. If the article starts with a picture of a mother crying it tends not to be very fact filled.

But emotions are facts! That is why we so hastily craft new legislation based solely on emotion! Must strike while the metal is hot and tempers are high....

Unless you want to buy a gun, then sit your ass down and wait 7 days for a cooling off period. Wait, I meant 7 months cooling off period.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Just amazing. An uncle shoots his nephew over a disagreement over who is going to drive home because the nephew did not want the uncle driving drunk. The two got into an altercation, it escalated, and the uncle drew, shot, and killed his nephew. If my brother did that to one of my kids, my brother would NOT make it to prison. That is just how my family is. I would also caution my kids to walk away from any drunk that insists on driving home and to call me instead.

I have had these discussions with drunks that just insist on driving home, most of which have been family members, and I have learned to just let them drive off.

Nah, it isn't the gun's fault. It isn't the alcohol's fault. It is her fault for failing to raise her son properly. Her son should have known better than to get into an altercation over something like that. He should have had a relationship with his mother to call her and talk about the situation. She should have been able to go and pick him up or send somebody to pick him up. I have family members that drink and drive, albeit a lot less now than they used to, but they know if I catch them driving my kids around after they have been drinking, they will not be seeing me or my kids for quite a while, if at all. I do NOT play games when it comes to my kids. This mother, a law enforcement officer, should have known what her brother was like, and should have protected/informed her son better.

To cry and blame the gun/alcohol, would be to cry and blame the car/alcohol if her son had agreed to get into the vehicle and then it became a flaming fireball when it hit a tree. No, she NEVER should have allowed her son to be in that predicament, or at least taught him how to deal with it properly.

End of the day, the only person to blame is her brother, her son's uncle, for taking the life of her son.

People are the problem in society. Clean up PG, DC, and Baltimore City via education and opportunity and life gets much better. That is tough though. Much easier to criminalize gun ownership and drinking and driving. Much easier to do that and hope and pray most people will follow the laws.

I did not even make it past page 2. Cry me a river, and then do the easiest thing possible and blame an inanimate object and government. Taking responsibility for something is tough nowadays, because most have been taught to try to push responsibility elsewhere.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Just amazing. An uncle shoots his nephew over a disagreement over who is going to drive home because the nephew did not want the uncle driving drunk. The two got into an altercation, it escalated, and the uncle drew, shot, and killed his nephew. If my brother did that to one of my kids, my brother would NOT make it to prison. That is just how my family is. I would also caution my kids to walk away from any drunk that insists on driving home and to call me instead.

I have had these discussions with drunks that just insist on driving home, most of which have been family members, and I have learned to just let them drive off.

Nah, it isn't the gun's fault. It isn't the alcohol's fault. It is her fault for failing to raise her son properly. Her son should have known better than to get into an altercation over something like that. He should have had a relationship with his mother to call her and talk about the situation. She should have been able to go and pick him up or send somebody to pick him up. I have family members that drink and drive, albeit a lot less now than they used to, but they know if I catch them driving my kids around after they have been drinking, they will not be seeing me or my kids for quite a while, if at all. I do NOT play games when it comes to my kids. This mother, a law enforcement officer, should have known what her brother was like, and should have protected/informed her son better.

To cry and blame the gun/alcohol, would be to cry and blame the car/alcohol if her son had agreed to get into the vehicle and then it became a flaming fireball when it hit a tree. No, she NEVER should have allowed her son to be in that predicament, or at least taught him how to deal with it properly.

End of the day, the only person to blame is her brother, her son's uncle, for taking the life of her son.

People are the problem in society. Clean up PG, DC, and Baltimore City via education and opportunity and life gets much better. That is tough though. Much easier to criminalize gun ownership and drinking and driving. Much easier to do that and hope and pray most people will follow the laws.

I did not even make it past page 2. Cry me a river, and then do the easiest thing possible and blame an inanimate object and government. Taking responsibility for something is tough nowadays, because most have been taught to try to push responsibility elsewhere.

PG County is actually working toward this and making headway over the past couple of years. Crime is down overall, but it is also moving from areas they are concentrating on to other areas of opportunity.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Florena Carter, a 24-year veteran police officer, has concerns about the easy access to handguns for civilians. She is convinced that simply owning a gun made her brother more likely to use it.

That's it folks, you heard it from the authority no more guns for police since merely having a gun makes you more likely to use it.

gedelea

Spartan
    Jan 9, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    http://entertainment.verizon.com/ne...ion=9&lang=en&_LT=UNLC_USNWU00L9_UNEWS&page=1

The rhetoric is strong in this article. Picked out a bunch of bs.. For instance

1. 90% mentioned still
    2. Guy was shot with legally purchased handgun, but didn't mention the law was broken by him carrying without a permit
    3. Sticks mainly to PG and Baltimore counties, but makes it sound like the whole state is violent (my take on it)

Theres plenty more to see. I was enjoying my coffee until I read this garbage. I just couldn't not click the link.

What a load of crap in this article. I don't even like how they paint the county as wealthiest majority African-American county in the country. The thing is that wealthy don't live where all of those crimes are occurring. PG has problems because it is the cheapest place to live in and around the beltway and as prices in DC go up the poorer folks along with many of the dredges of society move to where they can afford to live. They aren't living amongst the affluent black in low crime areas, they are living in places like Hyattsville. I'm sure that their are plenty of people who get drunk all over the state and they don't go and shoot themselves so lets deal where the problems occur. Look no further than Gov. Omalley's map that he flaunted at the GIS conference...you know where the problems are occurring...target those areas with more police, education, job opportunities and law enforcement. When you get cancer you target the cancer, not the whole body. you deal with criminal issues the same way....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom