Are Glocks more finicky than other pistols?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    This! I’m so used to the grip angle of the 1911 the Glock feels odd...plus models like the Glock 20 and 21 feel like a 2”x4” in the hand.
    Tell me you have little hands without telling me you have little hands.

I am joking. I know my hands are a bit above average. A 20 and 21 feel just fine in my hands. The sf does feel just a little better. I am willing to admit that. I never handled one until I took a chance on a 21sf frame for a sweet deal and figured if a 17 and a 21 both felt great in my hands, a 21sf would also be great.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Tell me you have little hands without telling me you have little hands.

I am joking. I know my hands are a bit above average. A 20 and 21 feel just fine in my hands. The sf does feel just a little better. I am willing to admit that. I never handled one until I took a chance on a 21sf frame for a sweet deal and figured if a 17 and a 21 both felt great in my hands, a 21sf would also be great.
    Big hands or not, can you honestly tell me that a Glock is the best handling handgun you have ever shot? A 1911A1 is better.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Big hands or not, can you honestly tell me that a Glock is the best handling handgun you have ever shot? A 1911A1 is better.
    Oh heck no. Cz75 is probably the best. A 1911 is fairly high up there (any with the longer beaver tail, I don’t ride high and never been bit, but it is still more comfortable in my hands).

But I’ve shot or handled many a pistol worse than a G20/21 in my hands.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Oh heck no. Cz75 is probably the best. A 1911 is fairly high up there (any with the longer beaver tail, I don’t ride high and never been bit, but it is still more comfortable in my hands).

But I’ve shot or handled many a pistol worse than a G20/21 in my hands.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Try a S&W Model 59 vs. a 39...the Model 39 is one of the most comfortable in the hand pistols ever. The Model 59...while having a larger capacity...is a crude block of wood by comparison.

Still...a 1911 platform pistol is best in my hands. As much as ergonomics it's due to familiarity from years of shooting them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom