• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    So I am working on a short barrel build and I want to put a PDW stock on. Because of MD OAL length requirement I decided to run with an Armaspec PDW stock, it uses a standard 6 position Buffer tube and locks the stock in with a single set screw into the #3 hole if you count from the castlenut. The image below shows it as intended by Armaspec. LOP is about 13.25"

20230106_171624.jpg

Since before Christmas i have been working on an adapter, the current adapter adds 1" to the length of pull and in theory I could add another 1" by 3D printing the piece closest to the castle nut longer could even go to 3" but becaus of the armaspec design I wouldn't again due to the 1 set screw that holds the stock top to the buffer tube. In the picture below I have the front adapter in place against the castle nut to shift the mounting screw to the #4 position on the buffer and I have an end cap that slides on the end that will have 2 screws that will secure to a 3D printed adapter the sits in the buffer position channel that way the armaspec stock in held in position by more than the 1 set screw. The channel adapter will have threaded inserts burned in. Only question I have is which is closer to the FDE, the front piece is Carbon Fiber Filament with Alumahyde FDE paint the back piece is FDE PLA Filament.

20230106_172155.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom