• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Yep - sounds about right.

I do find it interesting sometimes how people with throw all kinds of money at these Gucci ARs, all while pontificating how this or that "needs" to some expensive whizbang part or accessory, and if you aren't holding your mouth just right when you do the install then it's going to be curtains when you have to depend on it to save your life during the zombie apocalypse or the imminent home invasion! :rolleye12

But then there are the military issue M16s and M4s for those of us who have had the opportunity to experience them firsthand. Not long before I retired from the National Guard my unit got in a bunch of brand-new Colt M4s. I'm talking new in the box, never been fired. Talk about suck! Heavy, gritty, unpredictable triggers, and a bunch of them had selector switches that were so tight, those who didn't have the finger strength couldn't even get them to move! I was pretty surprised - I would have thought they'd be better than that.
    New In Box but from what year, when I was in basic I "pulled" duty to help with some "new" M16s that were 10 years old and they had some issue with things being "sticky" or stiff due to whatever they used to store it as lube became a varnish and we had to strip and clean a lot of that stuff off. I do not think it was cosmoline but things like the selectors and triggers and hammers being hesitant and the bolt was sticky in the BCG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom