• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • [Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    EDIT: SEE POST #24 FOR THE CORRECT FIX

I while back I bought a BCA 16" 556 upper and put it on a new Engage Armament E4 LOWER with an Anderson lower parts kit, and hadn't used it til recently. I could string about 1-2 rounds in a row before the trigger would turn to mush and nothing would happen. "Ahhh crap, I got one of the lemon versions of the BCA uppers."

What started the confusion was that I put a 22lr upper on the same lower receiver with no issue. I turned to member, John from MD for help. After walking me through cleaning and adjusting the gas block, I took it out again today. Same thing kept happening. Fire 1 round, pull the trigger, mush, eject the live round, and then fire the next. Out of frustration I squeezed the trigger extra hard after it didn't fire and when I let go I heard the click of the trigger resetting. Then I noticed that if I let my finger slip off the trigger and let it slam forward it would reset itself everytime. (After a failed reset)

After I got home I separated the lower and was able to recreate the hangup situation with the rifle apart. So it appears the trigger and sear disconnect points are not disconnecting and need to be sanded and polished. It was pretty hard to recreate and had to hit the sweet spot to hang up. (Surprised it happened so often) It probably would have resolved itself eventually. Simple. Frustrating.

John from MD, thank you for your help once again. I owe you many beers at this point.

I'm sure this topic has been discussed before, but it didn't come up in the search so I figure it needed to be refreshed.

EDIT: SEE POST #24 FOR THE CORRECT FIX

Attachments

• image_72192707.JPG
      image_72192707.JPG
      109.3 KB · Views: 85
    • image_6487327.JPG
      image_6487327.JPG
      112.3 KB · Views: 83
    Last edited:

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I have found Anderson hammer and trigger springs to be junk, and won't use them....or any Anderson LPk for that matter. I suspect a good set of mil spec springs would set it straight, I don't Subscribe to "stoning" or polishing any FCG....Just my 2 cents.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    3paul10, John suggested the same thing. I will not question the wisdom. I have spare springs I will replace .

Thanks for the reply.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have found Anderson hammer and trigger springs to be junk, and won't use them....or any Anderson LPk for that matter. I suspect a good set of mil spec springs would set it straight, I don't Subscribe to "stoning" or polishing any FCG....Just my 2 cents.
    Yup. Of all the Dremeling I've done on gun parts, I leave trigger connections alone. I'm no gunsmith.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Yup. Of all the Dremeling I've done on gun parts, I leave trigger connections alone. I'm no gunsmith.
    I’ll polish up engagement surfaces with a very fine stone. Very little metal the removed. Just a couple swipes can get the grit out of the trigger. You don’t even really have to make it shiny.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I’ll polish up engagement surfaces with a very fine stone. Very little metal the removed. Just a couple swipes can get the grit out of the trigger. You don’t even really have to make it shiny.
    Yeah, but you're a real doctor... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom